World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a few hours fishing deal pier tonight. Took the Mrs with me as she's now into the whole thing now. Fished the tide up.

Set the other half up and on her first cast a nice pouting (had only been out 30seconds) and then another one on second cast. Hadn't even set my own rod up at this point.

After a few snags, she then caught a doggy although she had somehow hooked in its underneath. Nothing major.

Me? I still hadn't caught anything until just before we were about to leave and manage to bring in a scorpion fish! So I catch a fish I don't want to be handling and didn't get a picture of.

But was a fun night. Although lost a few hooks due to it being so snaggy. Fished the last hut near the cafe as was busy further down. Anyone know if it's less snaggy further down near the 3rd hut?

Anyway will be back there tomorrow night.

G

·
Hi siaus22,

if I fish on the pier, I normally fish between the 3rd and 4th shelters (the 4th being nearest the cafe) and haven't lost much gear there in the past.

Well done on catching one of the ugliest fish I have ever seen.. I caught one last year on shakespeare beach. I don't think they are poisonous, just spiney and ugly. See the link for more details.
http://web.ukonline.co.uk/aquarium/pages/longspinedbullhead.html

Sometimes if you are not getting anything, it can be worth trying some mini shrimp lures and maybe you will get a pollack or herring even.. Just drop over the side and jiggle them up and down. Clear water is better and also before it gets dark too.

Malcolm.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the 4th shelter was mixed really. If you cast just right you were fine. although sometimes found I was getting snagged halfway through reeling in.
Hopefully going down there tonight as well so will try to see if I can get a bit further down near the 3rd shelter.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tonight was less good. Mrs had 2 doggies and I drew blank, despite being in around the same area. Guy with his kids opposite tho had 9 doggies in the same time and 2 eels. Very hit and miss tonight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.