World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi, fished deal pier from 2hrs b4 high to slack on 7th apr, caught two tiny pout, moved to the beach opposite time-ball tower and caught about a dozen pouting, whiting and a small school bass, from high slack down to low slack.
ht was about 11.30am.

all fish caught on ordinary lugworm

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hope this year is going to be better than last. At the moment, fishing is very poor. just Pouting and the odd tiny Bass, terrible. Hardly a decent size fish in the sea. Even boats are only catching tiny four pound Codling. Not even big enough for the pan. This might be my last year if things don't improve.

B

·
0 Posts
I'm beginning to think the same as you Kentangler,the fishing has got so bad that I have been up in the loft to dig out my fluff chuckin gear!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Don't know, all trawled out I guess. Hythe used to be a good spot, but apart from Whiting in October, I have caught hardly anything all Winter. I am banking on summer Bass fishing, it might be the only time worth fishing in the year now. Winter and Spring are dead on the Kent coast. Next year I might fish from June to December, and forget the rest. Saves on petrol and bait. Who in their right mind wants to spend money to catch blasted Pouting and 4oz Dabs?
I had Bass to 5 lb last year concentrating on just that species.
I used to like Sole fishing, but there are hardly any left.
I think we have to be much more selective in the way we fish now. It's no good just going to a beach and chucking out the bait anywhere. I am going to study beaches at low tide, fish small beaches in coves, more productive than long open beaches. Fish near rocks and groins. Anything to increase my chances. Might be more interesting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts