World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to be fishing the above tonight,i know its been quiet lately,but hoping the winds we had lately stirred things up a bit,has anyone fished the pier in last 48 hours? thanks for any info guys/gals

·
Registered
62 Posts
will be on the pier with my little mate jim. 3rd shelter. another mate fished it last night but alas he is in the land of nod s0 no fishing report as yet. so pop along and say hi. ill be the with the brace of big bass :crazy:

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
give 'stinky' a ring at channel angling, he will tell you wots wot!!

·
Registered
930 Posts
Going to be fishing the above tonight,i know its been quiet lately,but hoping the winds we had lately stirred things up a bit,has anyone fished the pier in last 48 hours? thanks for any info guys/gals
me too, im going with my mate we normaly fish around the 3rd shelter, keep a look out ill have a green jacket on

·
Registered
938 Posts
Spoke to Steve in Channel Angling this morning, not much being caught, need a nice blow to stir things up.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Spoke to Steve in Channel Angling this morning, not much being caught, need a nice blow to stir things up.
i phoned deal pier and they said lots of small stuff and a 1 n half pound codling come up couple days ago,

who knows today could be one of the best nights in ages

·
Registered
262 Posts
A few hounds off the bottom deck earlier this week I heard.

Nothing above 6lb, all caught on peeler.

Plenty of pouting also.

A mate had a bass of 3lb on the bottom deck a few days ago also.

Bottom deck is always best in my experience, particularly if you are after hounds or bass. Cast 100 yards to clear the snags, a fast retrieve is required.

People always moan about losing gear at Deal Pier but I have been 15 times or so with 2/3 rods out myself plus mates rods and my dads rods and I bet we havent lost 10 sets between us. It really is just a case of casting over the crap and getting the gear in at a brisk pace.

Hopefully you wont be plagued with tinsel-chuckers, they do my head in.

Oh and if you go bottom deck, watch out for the prat who has his rod-rest perma-fixed to the railings on the north side. He WILL fish 0.2yards next to you as he has this deluded notion that it is HIS spot only because he has put his rod-rest there on a permanent basis.

Enjoy yourself.

Jon

·
Registered
930 Posts
A few hounds off the bottom deck earlier this week I heard.

Nothing above 6lb, all caught on peeler.

Plenty of pouting also.

A mate had a bass of 3lb on the bottom deck a few days ago also.

Bottom deck is always best in my experience, particularly if you are after hounds or bass. Cast 100 yards to clear the snags, a fast retrieve is required.

People always moan about losing gear at Deal Pier but I have been 15 times or so with 2/3 rods out myself plus mates rods and my dads rods and I bet we havent lost 10 sets between us. It really is just a case of casting over the crap and getting the gear in at a brisk pace.

Hopefully you wont be plagued with tinsel-chuckers, they do my head in.

Oh and if you go bottom deck, watch out for the prat who has his rod-rest perma-fixed to the railings on the north side. He WILL fish 0.2yards next to you as he has this deluded notion that it is HIS spot only because he has put his rod-rest there on a permanent basis.

Enjoy yourself.

Jon
by chance i have a hack saw in my seat box, that may have to come off tonight,

·
Registered
262 Posts
by chance i have a hack saw in my seat box, that may have to come off tonight,
Funny thing my mate said the same thing.

Thought my dad was going to chin this guy 3 weeks ago.

Not only did he set up virtually on his lap, he then decided to feather over everyone elses lines.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Funny thing my mate said the same thing.

Thought my dad was going to chin this guy 3 weeks ago.

Not only did he set up virtually on his lap, he then decided to feather over everyone elses lines.
lol, people like that really do my head in part of my enjoyment is to unwind and relax, dont need idiots winding you up, ... after the week ive had he would end up in the sea...

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Hi guys, I fish the pier monday, tok my womans boy for the day. I only fish lives for bass and not a sniff, Jake caught plenty of pout, as many as you want, great for kids, I set him up with a 6 foot spinning rod and 6lb line. There are lots of snags, but its the nature of the beast Im afraid. The pier and its snags are a feature, a safe heaven for small fish, this astracts larger fish. I have had some sucsess from hear with bass to just over 5lb. I prefure the addy but my fav spot is often closed due to cruise ships. Other dangler do get on my tits, most have little regard or respect for other anglers space or wish to let go large bass!!! I had to put a flea in the ear of several chancers Monday, I always ask nicely twice then find that a loud **** off works well!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
fished the pier lastnite one lil pout i got fish bigger in me fish tank saw few doggies on the 2 nd shelter .the guard said they thinkin on dregin it in september needs it :)

·
Registered
930 Posts
fished the pier lastnite one lil pout i got fish bigger in me fish tank saw few doggies on the 2 nd shelter .the guard said they thinkin on dregin it in september needs it :)
dregin it ? will this remove all the snags ? no doubt the price will go up again,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts