World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please can anyone reccomend a really good fixed spool for beach and pier fishing as my new grauvelle zeus 5000 is a nice reel its just that i need one more so i can take two rods out? any one who can reccomend would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Please can anyone reccomend a really good fixed spool for beach and pier fishing as my new grauvelle zeus 5000 is a nice reel its just that i need one more so i can take two rods out? any one who can reccomend would be much appreciated.
shimano navi 8000 have one on my supercast it is the dogs nuts & bolts :clap3:

·
Registered
797 Posts
bought a penn 750 surfmaster it's a good reel cast's well they were selling for £50 so not a bad choice . it's ideal for some lighter fishing or if need be you can load some heavyer line on the spare spool for a change of tactics

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bought a penn 750 surfmaster it's a good reel cast's well they were selling for £50 so not a bad choice . it's ideal for some lighter fishing or if need be you can load some heavyer line on the spare spool for a change of tactics
Thank you but how light do you mean because i need one for a all year rounder.

·
Registered
12 Posts
the shimano biomaster 8000 xsa is one of my favorits , last week i landed with it
a 12 lb grooper an it worked smoothly .

·
Banned
820 Posts
sounds good to me.
The thing about the 8000 series shimanos Biomaster Aerlex etc is the ratio. 3-1 or there abouts. When you get up to and past 4-1 ratio winding in is hard work. The shimanos have the handle length just right. Good longer length not too short and makes winding in nice and smooth.
The 7000 size shimanos use exactly the same size body and handle with just a slightly shallower spool and lower capacity.
Aerlex is the same as the Biomaster but without the ballraces at the handle spindle boss.

·
Registered
797 Posts
i think it would be fine on a bass rod but i'm using mine with 18lb main line and 60lb shockleader & my spare spool's loaded with 12lb there's also a bigger version the 850 it was going for the same price

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Shimano Biomaster xsa by a long shot. I have always used Shimano's for coarse and Sea fsihing and haven't picked up and turned another fs that comes close. I've got an old (about 10 years) Titanium Bisomaster Aerlex and it's the best FS Sea reel I have ever used. Bought the cheaper normal Biomaster xsa 8000 for about £90 and that's almost as good but the bodies materials are not as good (cats metal rather than plastic & titanium) and the line roller isn't as good a design as the Titanium one. A new Titanium xsa 8000 is a few hundred quid now!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Shimano Biomaster xsa by a long shot. I have always used Shimano's for coarse and Sea fsihing and haven't picked up and turned another fs that comes close. I've got an old (about 10 years) Titanium Bisomaster Aerlex and it's the best FS Sea reel I have ever used. Bought the cheaper normal Biomaster xsa 8000 for about £90 and that's almost as good but the bodies materials are not as good (cats metal rather than plastic & titanium) and the line roller isn't as good a design as the Titanium one. A new Titanium xsa 8000 is a few hundred quid now!
SOUNDS REALLY GOOD TO ME

1 - 17 of 17 Posts