World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to fish 2 hours before high tommorow,through the tide and 2 hours down.I fished Climping last week after a blow but there was too much weed.Managed a schoolie on Lug.

Are there any other marks between there and Chichester??

Are the rocks off of Elmer beach any good??

Plus any Anglers in the Littlehampton area that need a fishing buddy then let me know.Very keen to learn and pick up bait and rig tips from experienced beach fishermen.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
The harbour mouth at Pagham and the east side beaches of Selsey are said to fish well at this time of the year. They were recommended to me but I've not fished there yet!

·
Registered
423 Posts
fish selsey or pagham 3hours before high tide for smoothounds. i use peeler crab on 3/0 pulley rig,keep an eye on your rod because when you hook one your line will go slack as they tend to head towards shore,they are being caught upto 15lb at the moment,the night tide is best

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got back from Elmer. Fished the middle set of rocks. Nothing for 1st hour then I saw the surface erupt 50 yds to the left and front of me.I reeled in and swapped the wishbone rig for a set of feathers.

Cast out and started the retrieve.Bang! A fair size mackeral. Out again and again,Bang! this time a nice little schoolie bass.5cm too small for the pot.

Then nothing so I went back to my wishbone with rag.Then used the mackeral for bait.Side first,then head and guts,then side + rag.Nothing.But for the last hour the gulls were going crazy sea side of the rocks.Just out of reach of the Sidewinder (well,for me anyway!!! )

Quite pleased though.Going to try the same mark on Sunday.Should be a dusk high tide.Think it could fish okay.I`ll let you know!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts