World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Bean Counter
44,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be fishing the Dee a week on Saturday. Have the choice of Mostyn, Flint Cob or Caldy on the Wirral side. Can anyone tell me how these spots have been fishing recently?
Many thanks :)

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Fished Mostyn last Sat from peg 0,and had 1 flounder and 2 very nice plaice on fresh crab.Got there a bit late,so i expect i would have done better earlier on.Caldy is fishing well for flounder with a good chance of plaice,though not of the size you`ll find at Mostyn.Flint is giving the usual bags of flounder.You`ll certainly catch at all three venues,but you really need fresh crab to get the best of the sport.Moreton Angling has fresh peelers in,and they`re only 40p each ;)

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
fished greenfield last night high water for a couple of hours had two small flounder and four eel's all on crab.

·
The Bean Counter
44,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks for your replies. Looks as if I should have a successful trip if the weather holds fair. Any more reports before next Friday will be gratefully recieved.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Hi all,
Don`t suppose any of you lads know directions to caldy on the wirral side of the dee any information on rigs and tides would be appreciated.
cheers,
Del.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Caldy fishes best on tides of 28ft+...at this time of year,fresh peeler will give you plenty of good flounders with a few plaice thrown in.You start fishing around 2 hours before high water...don`t be tempted to venture out on to the beach,as it`s very muddy and the tide floods in very quickly.There is a lot of lug casts,but the ground underneath is full of stones,making pumping very difficult.You will catch from virtually any peg,but the most consistent catches,especially for plaice,are taken from around 200yds to the left of the steps...in this area,you will be able to fish from the stoney beach,as opposed to being forced on to the rocks,on all but the biggest spring tides.
Directions are a little tricky,but here goes....
http://www.multimap.com/map/browse....=&ovtype=&zm=0&scale=5000&left.x=3&left.y=139
You come along the A540 towards West Kirkby,and you eventually come to a small roundabout sign posted Caldy...turn left and follow the road for 1/2 mile,and you come into the village and a very sharp left hand bend...just after the bend,you turn left on to Croft Drive,then turn right immediately on to Croft Drive again...follow this til you come to a dead end,where there is very limited parking (the access to the mark is here,and is known as the steps)...100yds before the end of the road is a national trust car park on your right which closes at dusk.

·
Registered
644 Posts
yozzer,your a star mate,thanks for all the info,could`nt of asked for more don`t know when i`ll get to fish there with work and that but when i get there i`ll let you know how i get on.
thanks again,
Del.

·
The Bean Counter
44,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Like the pics. Especially the 2nd one where who do I find standing on the left but Iain who I will be fishing with on Saturday. Also happens to be my Uncle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts