World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>I need help&#33;, what is the best way to fish lures &nbsp;and plugs in deep water from the shore, i know the area contains bass.
the water is 30&#39;+ &nbsp;deep in places, what states of tide and what &nbsp;would be best and how should i fish my lures ive used storm shads and other jelly lures to no avail only bass was caught by my m8 on a rubber eel. any help would be appreciated, i use a conoflex bass bandit with f/spool</font>

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Hi,

If the water is as deep as you say, you could try float fishing with a sea float and a trace at least 10ft long. You may also have to add a little more weight but this is all down to trial and error. Do not be frightened to try different methods, and at different times, it&#39;s all good fun and you never know "it might work".

Sea angling has changed tremendously over the years, who would have thought that fly fishing at sea was of any use? a few years ago people would have laughed at you but not now&#33;&#33;&#33; Have you ever tried live baiting from the shore with fresh Mackerel? It can be fun and very productive.

Keep at it and let us know how you did.

Cheers

Drew</font>

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
<font color='#000000'>have you tried deep spinning with sandeels?

macky
</font>

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<font color='#000000'>Can you explain to me how its done, i havent tried it as im not sure what to do</font>

·
Registered
50 Posts
<font color='#000080'>Deep Spinning,
Take a four foot lenght of clear mono of about 10-15lb add a 3/0 hook to one end and tie the other end to a three way swivel next tie the three way swivel to your main line so it flows in a staight line with other part of the three way dangling down, to this add a small split ring, to this add your weight. This is relativley tangle free. Add one sandeel to the hook, secure with bait elastic, cast, allow to sink to the required depth and retrieve fairly slowly.
PS
Thread the sandeels on so they are mounted like a rubber eel and keep them partialy frozen as they wont split if you do&#33;
Hope this helps
Allen</font>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts