World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Catching Nothing At All Is A Blank , A Fish Is Still A Fish Regardless Of Size.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Catching nowt is a blank. Crabs and the like don't count either but can make you feel better if you mention them lol.
Neal
The Skink

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
fishless totally no even a sprat.
mind you a lot on here are blankers most of the time.
thank the great sea god for those tiddlers :)

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Personally I only count fish within the size limit, including mini species.
i only count double figure spurs an tope over 40 lbs , which is why i have a LOT ! of blanks :giveup: :clap2: :clap2: :) :yahoo:

·
Registered
37 Posts
If i catch nae fish then it's a blank, i don't count crab's like big-al say's a fish is a fish reguardless of how big it is, plus i need all the help i can get lol

·
Registered
427 Posts
catchin nothing with fins is a blank, starfish, whelks, crabs etc dont count which is a pity because I get loads of them:uhuh:

·
Hardcore Poster
1,575 Posts
Size limits are the preocupation of matchmen and as such artificial in the scheme of things- a fish is a fish and a blank is nae fish !!!!

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
If i have had some bites but no fish then i call it a blank.
If i have had no bites and no fish then i call it a f###ing waste of time....

·
Registered
138 Posts
A blank is no fish, but a nice blank is when the sun is out, a bad blank is when you get cold, a F***ing, S**t blank is when you get wet and cold. I am sure there are many other classification of blanks also.

·
Banned
400 Posts
no fish, although as bill said, sometimes thats ok coz you got out of the house and had a day relaxing and looking at the scenery.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
On light gear small fish can be great fun but knowingly fishing for tiddlers is not my idea of fun really.
Neal
The Skink

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
As quoted before, no fish = a blank.
Crabs, etc are for a morale victory when its been a hard day :lmao:

I wouldn't purpously fish for undersized or immature fish. I have caught tiny Flounder & Codling in the Tay before by accident & wondered how they managed to take a size 2 hook.

·
Registered
323 Posts
OK, since it seems to be mentioned frequently of late. What's your definition of a blank? .......... is it,

A. Catching no fish at all.

or

B. Catching fish, but under the S.F.S.A or national legal size limit.

What's your opinion?
Blank means 0
small fish what youve caught Andy:blink:

·
Registered
248 Posts
A fish is a fish,but setting out to deliberately catch immature/small fish:uhuh: Sometimes its unavoidable to deep hook these small fish,options,1 knock it on the head,use for bait,2 cut the hook off and release.Niether of which can be very good for our depleting fish stocks

·
Banned
400 Posts
sometimes fishing for certain species means that you will be fishing in a nursery area, for bass, flatties and sea trout etc, but amongst them there will be decent sized fish that make the trip wothwhile.

the smaller fish are going to be caught no matter where you go, we've all caught tiddlers when targeting spurs and cod, but theyre no sort of sport at all on beach gear. maybe spinning for undersized bass in the surf on light tackle is fun but its certainly not sport.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Slightly off original topic, but, my 2 turbot so far have been the size of a 50p piece and caught on a 2/0 hook, I don't know how they manage to get caught!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts