World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Just received a mail order of un-shelled peeler and the whole lot is defrosted!

Whats the best thing to do to salvage them?

If I de-shell and remove the lungs can I re-freeze them?

Cheers

Bob

·
Registered
14,635 Posts
Go fishing now!!!! or give them to someone whos going soon.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers for the replies guys. Really pi$$ed off with the company. Some of the crabs were barely bigger than my thumb-nail (with the shell on). Others were black inside suggesting they may have been de-frosted and re-frozen once already.

·
Registered
14,635 Posts
Cheers for the replies guys. Really pi$$ed off with the company. Some of the crabs were barely bigger than my thumb-nail (with the shell on). Others were black inside suggesting they may have been de-frosted and re-frozen once already.
you can buy fresh from most of the good local bait shops, then if you don't use some you can freeze your own down.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you can buy fresh from most of the good local bait shops, then if you don't use some you can freeze your own down.
Hi Kenny

I stay north of Inverness and don't think anywhere round here sells fresh. Used Baits Direct last summer and got nice big crabs still frozen. They seem to be permanantly out of stock now though.

Will just have to gather my own I guess.

Have mailed the company for a refund. I know they have a log in on WSF so won't name and shame until I know the outcome.

Cheers

·
Registered
14,635 Posts
Hi Kenny

I stay north of Inverness and don't think anywhere round here sells fresh. Used Baits Direct last summer and got nice big crabs still frozen. They seem to be permanantly out of stock now though.

Have mailed the company for a refund. I know they have a log in on WSF so won't name and shame until I know the outcome.

Cheers
You can get fresh sent as well we have to have them sent up in the winter.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
667 Posts
Hi Kenny

Cheers
I would just freeze them m8 ,keep them as a stand bye bait ,in winter I take my supply of frozen stuff up north and take back what I havent used ,whether its defrosted or not ,some of my peelers where defrosted a couple of times ,as for taking the lungs out i think the jurys out on that one ,I havent found any difference meself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts