World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tony a good mate of mine has been having a bad time with the lures, it would seem every time I go fishing without him I catch and when he does come with me either I catch or worse still (for me) we both blank. So as we set off today, I knew thoughts of the lonely walk back along the shore having blanked again and the return home to be questioned by friends and family as to why he bothered would be running through his head.

We arrived at the mark and conditions looked great, yes because of the tides we where going to be fishing in the middle of the day but the sea had some movement, was clear and for a change there was very little wind. First lure on was the Feedshallow and within a few casts I had a follow and a few more casts resulted in a 36cm Bass. The quick start didn't materialize into anything special so we pushed along the rocks.

The move worked a treat and I was into another Bass, still using the Feedshallow, this felt like a better fish and was at 44cm, not long after I had another and then another all still in the same class. These fish where putting up a good fight, mainly because they where all hitting the front treble and then getting hooked in the side.

So what about Tony, well I'm glad to report, that he landed a beautiful 45cm Bass (top picture) another for the Feedshallow and with his demons exorcized and fishing brain back in gear, changed to fishing deeper and slower with a Maria La Segunda and got rewarded with a cracker, pictured bottom. We didn't get to weigh or measure it because he gave Tony the slip, but he was going back anyway and at a guess was around 5lb.

So the session was still young but out of nowhere the wind returned with a vengeance, waves started crashing in and before long the beautiful water clarity we had enjoyed earlier was gone. Before it got too bad I got a take on the Duo Tide Minnow 150 Surf, felt like a reasonable fish, but it dropped the hooks before I could get it in. After a few too many close soakings we called it a day, for a moment it felt like Summer, but I don't think we've seen the end of this crap windy weather yet.

·
Insane Poster
2,852 Posts
Great report and pics Joe,, and well done Tony, some wicked bass there bud', Tight 'uns,, Marc..:thumbs:

·
Registered
PB BASS 75CM
7,873 Posts
HI JOE
another cracking post mate i nearly popped down
there today knowin you wud be there but chose the rocks
of thanet with no luck cracking pic's as well
you ave a p.m
gary

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
congrats joesepi on some cracking bass on what sounds like a perfect day. Apart from the wind picking up that is.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers chaps, it was a good day.

The Feedshallow is a great lure but as I'm sure has been mentioned on here before it has one to many trebles. Without the middle treble it wouldn't catch the fish on the side, in the eye and the soft underside below the gill plates.

Yes you can remove the middle treble, but that effects the action, I did wonder if just grinding off the points on the middle treble would be the answer.

·
*BASS LURE GURU*
10,531 Posts
:1a:well done mate , lovely pic s , maria la sugunda , my top 3 lure, mullet colour best , small or large , had my best plug caught bass on it (the pic that comes up on me mark 333 thingy :doh:) only double ever had on plug , large mullet maria , loud rattle , and good fished slow , not best of finishes ,but works , just catching a few now on the orange large one , and the bass are not much bigger than the plug :cry: what colour was used joe , well done to you both , looks a lovely spot :happy:

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not sure what colour or size it was Mark, I'll ask him. That pic thingy (avatar), that's a cracker mate.

·
*BASS LURE GURU*
10,531 Posts
Not sure what colour or size it was Mark, I'll ask him. That pic thingy (avatar), that's a cracker mate.
avatar lol , cheers joe , yes one week before jersey bass festival :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: 11.3 mate , wont be beating that any time soon :hammer: but i do go 3 times a week what ever the weather , lots of spots to try my way , water was slighty coloured if you look ,but the big girl found the rattle , put her straight back after pic , was made up , if you do find out colour would be well interested , think they do 4 orange , mullet , mac , and a sand eel pouty thing , which is only one i have not caught on :hammer::happy:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts