World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Firstly thanks for all your replies to my original thread. Just thought I would let you know how it went today

Arrived at 6am after a very foggy journey from Whitstable. Took the long walk to the diamond and the two of us set up two rods each. Conditions were not ideal as it was very foggy but the water was clear and the sea flat calm.

All I can say is the plaice never came out to play for us. I ended up with 1 dab and 3 rocking. Mark just had the solitary rocking. We packed up about 12.30 and headed off back to Whitstable.

I must say that despite not getting a lot it was just nice to get out and have a go. Have been working like mad all winter indoors and it was nice getting out and enjoying the fresh air! Thanks Mark for the cracking egg and bacon rolls too!

Good luck anyone else going down there

Paul

·
Registered
226 Posts
Thanks for the report, doesn't bode well for my session tomorrow! Oh well, can't be a****d to drive to Brighton so denge it is.
Any tips on what bait, tactics you used?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the report, doesn't bode well for my session tomorrow! Oh well, can't be a****d to drive to Brighton so denge it is.
Any tips on what bait, tactics you used?
Hi Shorething

I am a bit of a novice at catching plaice but I tried a 3 hook flapper with small hooks and coloured beads on one rod and a wishbone rig with small hooks and beads on the other one. Bait was lug. Tried at distance and close in. Good luck tomorrow.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Good effort Paul , that's a bit of a walk to the diamond !
I fished there today too, not far from the car park (black shelter) Similar catch though , although I had one just under size plaice ..... oh and a dogfish .
Used same tactics as you .

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Goldie,

twas a crap day, I was the first chap you spoke to on the way back to the car, next was unlucky strike I fished 1230 till 4pm, one bite one plaice. Just about to post my report now.
Well done for getting one Si. That walk back to the car nearly killed me!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts