World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my son to swansea pier tonight to catch some small whiting ,just to get him started I also took my freshly tuned rocket (to make sure it was right ) and my brand new tip tornado sport I put it on the rod rest and it fell over
It has taken me three hours to strip and prepare it for rebuilding which I will start tomorrow when I stop crying
When someone tells you that the green ring in some certain rings is a shock absorber dont beleive it
every single ring shattered including the tip
rod rests advertised as 'they dont fall over'? They do! Even with a leg lock kit!
I am gutted :cry: :cry: :cry: :wah: :wah: :sad: :sad: :sad:

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Damn that, I was gutted when I broke the tip ring on my new Shimano bass rod before it had even seen the sea, but every ring on a tip tornado, that has even made me cry and it's not my rod :uhuh:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Feel for you mate, did something similar with C3 LD a couple of months ago, but only broke two rings

On the positive side, think how much satisfation you'll get when you have completed the re-build :clap2:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After I've finished it I'm going to put it in the attic .I'll be afraid to take it out again lol

·
Freeloader
6,662 Posts
ouch

think the worst ive ever done is snapped a rod in half when casting was my fav rod too

·
Registered
185 Posts
Unlucky about your rod mate, but I was in the tackle shop yesterday and a bloke was in there who had just brought a very expensive rod 2-300 quids worth. Anyway on the way out of the shop he trapped it in the door and snapped it.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
I hope you're not going to put the same rings back on!! Try a set of Zircons, the smoothness of retrieve when under load has to be felt to believe it. It'll cast further for the same effort as well!

philtherod

·
Registered
25,678 Posts
I hope you're not going to put the same rings back on!! Try a set of Zircons, the smoothness of retrieve when under load has to be felt to believe it. It'll cast further for the same effort as well!

philtherod
Phill,

Who makes the zircons are they thick bodied in the rings? I'm looking for a good set of rings to re ring my new rod.

I purchased a supposedly surfcaster/(change butt) uptider (4 to 8 oz ) and every time I put a shock leader on the main line the narrow body of the rings holds back the leader knot. which was an absolute sod when I had a decent fish on it.

Regards David

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
finished rebuilding my rod. I used fuji's as I wanted to keep the rod as original and I've never had a problem with them (except that they don't bounce) I'll give it a few days to cure then try again.Hopefully it will stay on therest a bit longer this time.I hope to get some practice in with my rocket as well.
Thanks to every one for your comments.

·
Registered
4,972 Posts

philtherod
it might give an xtra yard or two on the field but zero when fishing,zircons are usless for fishing far too brittle:schmoll: they dont like knocks at all.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If zircons don't like knocks perhaps I'd best avoid them 'see my opening message'
I am going to be a lot more careful in future.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts