World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all

im heading down to fish devils point on tuesday, the plan is to fish from late afternoon untill about midnight. the target will be ray and conger, how do u fancy my chances? im coning down with a mate who is a game fisherman and fancys getting into sea angling so im hoping to catch a few to show him whats its all about. what rigs do you use down there for the ray and conger? i have a rig wallet full of pulley rigs with 4/0 pennels on them will these do for the ray down there?

what sort of ground would i be fishing over close and far out? and what baits are most consistant?

lastly i watched a shore conger video by liam dale a while ago and he fishe down in the south west on what looked like a concrete jetty with steps leading down to the water, was that devils point?

sorry for all the questions but im travelling a long way to fish and want to make the most of it.

cheers lads for any advice
Tight lines

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Dosen't sound like devils point, dp is like a concrete platform built into the side of the cliff face. It does have a rep for conger and ray but be warned its very risky parking your car in the car park at night although the police do pop in patrolling every now and then. Devils Point due to its numerous shelters and isolated location is a hangout for smackheads and the unfortunate homeless.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Dosen't sound like devils point, dp is like a concrete platform built into the side of the cliff face. It does have a rep for conger and ray but be warned its very risky parking your car in the car park at night although the police do pop in patrolling every now and then. Devils Point due to its numerous shelters and isolated location is a hangout for smackheads and the unfortunate homeless.
No trouble at devils for years,most of the boy racers congregate at jenny cliff now.Theres also a camera in the devils area after a few attacks on women last year.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Not Seen The Video ,close In At Devils It Is Rough And After About 40 Yards You Are On Clean Ground, Pulleys Are Fine ,running Ledger For The Eels

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers for the replys
is there any way of getting down to the water at DP to land/release fish?

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
No trouble at devils for years,most of the boy racers congregate at jenny cliff now.Theres also a camera in the devils area after a few attacks on women last year.
Thanks for putting me right freddie, I used to park there for my lunch breaks when i worked in plymouth a couple of years ago and a few people said it weren't worth the risk parking there. Glad to hear things are different now.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Thanks for putting me right freddie, I used to park there for my lunch breaks when i worked in plymouth a couple of years ago and a few people said it weren't worth the risk parking there. Glad to hear things are different now.
no probs mate.still get a few up there but generally ok.i do admit i dont leave anything on display,or any fishing kit.a women was attacked there 2 years ago which appeared on crimewatch,and since then a camera has been installed.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Sounds like fly cellars in Newquay but a bit more hardcore:drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

·
Official Jokes Forum Examiner
61,171 Posts
Sounds like fly cellars in Newquay but a bit more hardcore:drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:
yes i have expreinced that there , bloody kids :uhuh: :uhuh: :uhuh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts