(300m/20lbs, 16.8 ounces)
6.1:1 Ratio, 14.2 ounces, 4 ball bearings
250m - 20lbs line capacity

Daiwa Millionaire Tournament 7HT
- ratio 6.1:1
- weight 11.0oz
- ball bearings 3
- capacity 340m/14lbs

was after a rough ground reel, because find that the 7ht cant retrieve fast enough, but the both reels have a ratio 6.1:1,
thx
bob
ps... sorry if its similar to a previous post, just wanted to be lear before get new rough ground reels
thx again

·
Registered
37 Posts
dont hhink its so much the retreive rate,its more about the gearing inside the reel.
i used to have 7HT's untill i got a penn 525,after using the penn and realising how much easier it is to reel in with i sold the 7HT's an got another penn.
i recently got a slosh 20 and have only used it a couple of times so far but must say they are nice reels,just check if you do get one get the shop to put it on a rod and have a feel,i find my thumb feels stretched over the spool rather than laying on it like it does with the penns or 7HT's but ive read a few posts saying that they do sit high on the rod.

hope this helps dave

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
7ht is not a winch for rough ground, the slosh will do a much better job and give more lifetime for that sort of fishing.

i used 7ht's for 9 odd years for all my fishing, and they will do a job for you over rough or clean but you will find the slosh easier, its a bit like using a knife as a screwdriver its not right but it will work, then you get a screwdriver and think why did i ever struggle through!!

it does sit high especially in a reel seat.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dont hhink its so much the retreive rate,its more about the gearing inside the reel.
thx,
just wondering surely the gearing sets the 6:1:1 ratio ?

, wanted to sort out my reels before the winter cod arrives
( if they ever do )

ive got a choice now 2 new sl20,s or a superb night light
thx
again for advice

·
Registered
37 Posts
yeah the gearing sets the ratio but its whats in the reel that makes it easier to crank weed/fish in,with my 7HT's i had to keep pumping weed in but with the slosh as soon as its moving the gearing just makes it so much easier to bring in.
suppose its like an engine in a way a 1.1 fiesta will do 70mph but a 2.5 v6 mondeo will do 70mph more effiently with alot less effort.
priobably better to ignore the car bit but cant think of a better way to put it....lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
u got it exactly right it was quite weedy last time i fished and , could hardly get a clean run on the lead coming it
lost 4 rigs, leaders. ;(

looks like more £££££££££ to spend !!!!!!

big thx
all
bob

anyway the 7hts will come in handy , beach marks , and just having casting pendulem lessons with john power from surfcast wales

thx
bob

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Four factors:
1 gearing (6:1 is getting to be the most common)

2 diameter of the spool (SLOSH spool is 1.5 time the dia of 7HT)

3 capacity of the spool & diameter of the line - if you cast a hundred yards of line off a spool that is fairly large dia. but very narrow it will now have a small diameter - especially of you're using 0.50mm line instead of 0.425mm It'll be o.k. when the end gear is nearly at your feet but NOT when you are just getting it off the seabed

4 strength - put high gearing and a long-armed handle on a little reel with small internals and you will wear out or strip the gears when winching under load

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
just noticed this must do with the line capacity like in previous post,

Product Description: Daiwa SL20 or SL30
(300m/20lbs, 16.8 ounces)
6.1:1 Ratio, 14.2 ounces, 4 ball bearings
250m - 20lbs line capacity

Daiwa Millionaire Tournament 7HT
- ratio 6.1:1
- weight 11.0oz
- ball bearings 3
- capacity 340m/14lbs

was after a rough ground reel, because find that the 7ht cant retrieve fast enough, but the both reels have a ratio 6.1:1,
thx
bob
ps... sorry if its similar to a previous post, just wanted to be lear before get new rough ground reels
thx again
Gear ratio of the 7HT is NOT 6.1:1, its more like 5.3:1
My advice, with yr money, get a slosh AND a princeton apex light :thumbs:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts