World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Can anyone tell what the 13ft surfbreaker is like for general fishing and casting 5oz leads with a multiplier, and its comparison to the supercast. Thank you.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Good question richie7. Pity no one has come back on it yet. Want to know myself.

The surfbreaker 11ft6 bass is a peach of a rod to cast is your newish to the game. I suppose the 12 and 13 are a bit beefier for the job but should cast just as well.

I would like to know the difference between the surf and the super. Which is for what type of ground? Which is stiffer and harder/ need more XP to cast? They are almost the same price too.

I've also looked at the Penn Jet and sidewinder - both look good but I think casting will be easier with the Daiwa's.

They maybe are not top of the line, but I don't want that. For the times I can go, the luck I have, I would rather get a decentish rod and be able to buy other rods to match different fishing I may do. Spinning, Saltfly etc.

Be good if someone new the difference between the rods though.

Sawfish

·
Registered
30 Posts
will be intersting to see any info on this subject as iam fairly new to game and just bought a surfbreaker 12ft multi rung but not yet had chance to use it
got it on ebay for a whopping £69 brand new i was looking for a supercast but for that price thought it was to good to turn down

there is a test write up on john holdens site

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
for around the £100 mark take a look at the Greys GRX-s mate. For the money its a top rod that will just about handle all bu the lightest of fishing and the heaviest of grounds. In general a good allround beachcaster for general fishing that wont break the bank.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
The Greys is nice to use, plus has a quality finish. Looks twice the price, and they could probably charge that too! I have one for a second rod, at the moment the G.A.C. are doing the Greys with a Penn 525mag, Daiwa SL20SH or a 7HT for £150. For the price its a hell of a combo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts