World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I counted 12 about a mile of ardrossan to seamill and a lot more looking down to Paddy's mile stone must have been about thirty and the visability wasn't that good...

They must have been prawn boats either that or the couple of cod that have been reported have alerted in the west coast fleet.

You might have to blow these up to see them.

·
Banned
8,125 Posts
They must have been prawn boats either that or the couple of cod that have been reported have alerted in the west coast fleet.
What West Coast fish fleet is that then Kenneth.......:g:

Ps....was there not a fresh East or South East breeze there today?

·
Registered
14,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What West Coast fish fleet is that then Kenneth.......:g:

Ps....was there not a fresh East or South East breeze there today?
Its was a tad blowie between the monsoon deluge's..

I would think it will be the Irish prawn boats along with the west coast Scottish ones looking for a bit of shelter from the weather in the north channel..

·
Registered
380 Posts
when I was out on monday there were around 13 -18 boats working from Croy to the pladda and back

·
Registered
311 Posts
I was on the early ferry from Cairnryan this morning and the wind was blowing pretty strong from the East.... On that basis most of the prawn fleet is likely to be fishing on the Eastern side of the lower Clyde for shelter.... Cos it was pretty bumpy offshore.

·
Banned
914 Posts
I counted 12 about a mile of ardrossan to seamill and a lot more looking down to Paddy's mile stone must have been about thirty and the visability wasn't that good...

You might have to blow these up to see them.

I was just basking in the wee glow I got from the Prestwick report. Even dusted down the Clyde gear and was planning an attack on some old haunts. Then this. Oh well, back to reality with a bump. :sad:

·
Banned
4,995 Posts
I was just basking in the wee glow I got from the Prestwick report. Even dusted down the Clyde gear and was planning an attack on some old haunts. Then this. Oh well, back to reality with a bump. :sad:
No need to change your plans Basher, as Stevie and Stuart have pointed out, the reasons for the boats being in that area are weather related - every time the weather is like that the boats will be in that area, just on this occasion it has been noticed and mentioned.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Pretty much calm this morning and there are still more than a dozen prawn boats fishing in much the same area as the last couple of days. Suggests to me the obvious answer is that's where the best prawn fishing is just now !

·
Registered
14,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just hope them wee cod that got lost in the Clyde dont fancy a prawn for there dinner ...

·
Registered
125 Posts
No need to change your plans Basher, as Stevie and Stuart have pointed out, the reasons for the boats being in that area are weather related - every time the weather is like that the boats will be in that area, just on this occasion it has been noticed and mentioned.
No chance they'd drop their trawls while they're 'sheltering' then?:nonono:

·
Banned
4,995 Posts
No chance they'd drop their trawls while they're 'sheltering' then?:nonono:
Of course they will, they're sheltering to work as opposed to staying in the harbour and having no wages. Thing is, the boats will have been fishing in those areas every time the strong winds have been in that direction, it's normal.

·
Banned
4,995 Posts
Pretty much calm this morning and there are still more than a dozen prawn boats fishing in much the same area as the last couple of days. Suggests to me the obvious answer is that's where the best prawn fishing is just now !
Or it could tell you that the reason they are there is because it is calm - that's the idea of finding somewhere sheltered to work during iffy weather.

·
Registered
14,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This Luce bay has given me loads of decent reading time lately, interesting stuff. Plus you Scots love a good old argument. Keep it up.
I think you should brush up on your geography before joining in..

·
Registered
14,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Of course they will, they're sheltering to work as opposed to staying in the harbour and having no wages. Thing is, the boats will have been fishing in those areas every time the strong winds have been in that direction, it's normal.
I wish I had that option I have been rain off most of this week on no wages.. and it rains here more than we get storms..lol

·
Registered
767 Posts
Posted on wrong thread. Was meant for sea life center thread.

And ive quoted the wrong thing, jesus. Im going to bed.

·
Banned
4,995 Posts
I wish I had that option I have been rain off most of this week on no wages.. and it rains here more than we get storms..lol
Aye, it's a bugger for most jobs, my mate is a dry stane dyker, no much fun lately. Another mate is a painter - you wouldn't believe the amount of folk wanting to know when he's going to paint the outside of their house. Second thoughts, you will believe because you'll get the same.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.