World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed for Dunwich on Saturday night with the Father-in-law. Got lines in the water by 5.45 with hooks baited with good quality lug and dirty squid from Sax angling. The sea was slight, the wind was a gentle southerly and the top of the tide was, I think, around ten.
We had an evening catching tiny whiting and tiny, wafer thin, dabs up to about an hour before the tide turned. By the time it did, the sea had livened up considerably, the wind was a good force four and our lines were being swung round into the surf within minutes of casting, so by a bit after eleven we decided to call it a day and started to pack up. Then it started to rain, heavily. So we returned to the Landy fishless and wet. Still could have been worse. Could have not been fishing, and at least we didn’t blank.
One thing worthy of mention, was the most remarkable fishing set up I’ve ever seen. As we headed onto the beach from the car park, I could hear a generator running. This was powering two halogen spotlights on a twenty foot pole which was illuminating four rods and two bivvies. The beach was lit up light daylight! Kudos to those chaps, I say!

·
Registered
363 Posts
One thing worthy of mention, was the most remarkable fishing set up I’ve ever seen. As we headed onto the beach from the car park, I could hear a generator running. This was powering two halogen spotlights on a twenty foot pole which was illuminating four rods and two bivvies. The beach was lit up light daylight! Kudos to those chaps, I say!
Sounds like Generator Johnny who I think used to post on here a few years back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts