World Sea Fishing Forums banner

digging lug

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  RoadWrangler 
#1 ·
does any body no were to dig for lug on the north wales coast.(can never seem to get any fresh).

#4 ·
i pump lug at old colwyn. go to end of prom and park up. walk down onto the beach. head towards rhyl, about 50/70 metres and there is a little sand bar exposed as the tide is retreating. it is very soft sand and ideal for pumping or digging. i find it best just after the tide has left it or just on the turn to flow. scotty

G
#5 ·
Hi Joe,
It might be worth some scouting round and watching the Beaches to see where others are digging, some diggers dont backfill unless educated so tell tale signs are easy if you can find the areas.
Good luck.

#6 ·
paul a scott said:
i pump lug at old colwyn. go to end of prom and park up. walk down onto the beach. head towards rhyl, about 50/70 metres and there is a little sand bar exposed as the tide is retreating. it is very soft sand and ideal for pumping or digging. i find it best just after the tide has left it or just on the turn to flow. scotty
Hi Paul, Do you mean the end where the fresh water outlet is? Is'nt there a mussel bed along that way also? I was driving back from fishing at Llandudno late one evening last year, as we came drove along the front towards old colwyn, (before coming past the pier) all you could see in the darkness looking out towards the sea were hundreds of lights on the beach some quite far out, all people pumping/digging for worms.

Regards..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.