World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i am looking for a good affordable set of digital scales. I have looked at the Berkley 65lb scales and the Rapala 50lb scales. If anybody could come up with any other good suggestions, or even better provide prices or a link to buy them that would be most appreciated.
Cheers
Bass-ic

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
My local tackle shop had some in at the weekend for £25,not sure what make or what weight they go up to-can go find out if you want me too:)

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers its ok though, i know i can buy the Rapala ones off eBay for under £20 sent to my house. i should have said, thanks anyway though.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What are they like Hohn and how much did they cost? I only wanted some farely cheap ones that wont really be used much. I will have a look at the Askari website now, cheers.

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
Have a look at Cabelas in the US - they do deliver to the UK and don't use fedex for delivery therefore unless Customs & Excise clatter you, the price you see is the price you pay plus shipping :)

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers Wooky, i will just have the problem of catching something big enough to weigh after i have purchased them LOL!:)

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
I know the feeling mate - I was out earlier tonight and there wasn't a dry layer of clothing - so probably caught something - COLD! ;)

·
Registered
717 Posts
Just bumping this one up .... has anyone actually bought/used the Rapala digital scales?

At the price they are going for I am tempted to part with a bit of my hard earned if they are any good

Cheers

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Nigel i ended up buying the Rapala Pro Guide digital scales of eBay, I think they were around £17 sent. They are pretty accurate and easy to use and have a permanent place in my box. They look very similar to the berkley ones and i cant see there been much difference between the two.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
[FONT=Tahoma, Arial]I bought a set of WESTBOAO Professional Digital Scales from Tackle Bargains last year £30 and they have been OK.

http://www.tacklebargains.co.uk/acatalog/Fishing_Scales.html

However, they seem a bit heavy in batteries CR2032 button batteries - 2 sets/year or so. Can buy these batteries on eBay quite cheaply in packs of 20.

Also, like a lot of things at Tackle Bargains you will find it quite a bit cheaper elsewhere.

Steinbeisser
[/FONT]

·
Registered
335 Posts
leave the berkley ones alone. we opened around 7 boxes in the shop one day and each gave a different reading, up to a known weight of 7.5lb showing almost 10 on the scales. save the money and get the fox specimen digi's. imo the best around atm

edited because i forgot to show which ones i meant
http://www.britnett-carver.co.uk/ericsangling/prods/148.html

you can get them around £50 if you look around though

1 - 13 of 13 Posts