World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was reading something on Dinas Dinlle on anoter site, i know it can be good for bass, but the article said that the beach produces rays (apparently it also produces tope, but i think thatssetting my sights to high!!! :rolleyes: ),
does anyone know what type these rays are and if they are still there? it also looked good for dabs at low tide,
i'm going down to give it a go in the next week or so and i was wondering if anyone could fll me in.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Tozer Dinas can be a top place to fish,and you do catch tope there in quite good numbers if you hit it right,they tend to run later in the year though August was when we used to go,but a few would show earlier,the rays are mainly thornies into double figures.It is good for bass its a classic storm beach and a bit fo surf is usually needed. I've seen dabs,plaice,flounder,whiting and good cod beached here.The biggest lesser weevers I've ever seen come from here so be careful when swinging pin whiting to hand.Have fun :D :D

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers, the plan was worm baits at close range for dabs/flatfish and fish baits/crab at long range for rays, then try for bass at high tide

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
This is about 4 miles from me, I don't beach fish but know how the locals fish it. Three hook rig with 1/0 hooks, small luminous bead over each hook and local dug lug for the bass. I can show you where to trench the lug if you want. The beach fishes best on a big tide when high falls at dusk.

Sandeel and mack brings on an attack of the doggies, sometimes crab can be better for the thornies.

If you want to call round for a chat drop me a PM for directions

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers mate i'l let u know, i think the tides will be about right in a weeks time, high tide in the evening. i did notice some good lug beds on the beach, under the cliffs, i was thinking of digging there i was just a bit worried about making it awkward for bathers.
oh and one other thing, does anyone know what time the last bus is back to Cearnarfon from there?

·
Registered
241 Posts
fished dinas alot last year agood mark is at the airport. park up in the car park next to the airport and walk down the the beach about 100yds the fence is behind you. there is a gully about 30 yds from shinlge i found the best time to fish it was about 2 hrs before high tide agood surf makes a big difference just a short cast into the gulley with lug rag and crab produces bass and flatties i have also caugt at low tide up walking back with the incoming tide night time has produced best for with both theese methods tight lines

1 - 6 of 6 Posts