World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been told that tope get caught of dinas at a certan time of the year does anybody know when i would like to target them:g:

·
Registered
29 Posts
i don't know about tope been caught there but there has been a few silver ones been caught over the last couple of weeks:secret:

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
ERm, I have never caught one, tried and failed (not at Dinas) but as I understand it, smallish tides in Late August/September.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I caught a 35lb fish in 22nd June 2001 at Dinas Dinlle on double frozen launce at about 130yds. There had been a 22lb fish caught the night before and quite few caught in the previous couple of weeks along with a run of smoothound. I also had 2 tope 22-12 and 26-8 in June 2003 further south. Mike Thrussell had one of 30lb when we were fishing together June 1995 again further south.

Conclusion - June looks good to me!

·
Registered
961 Posts
Sounds right :)

Checking my diaries I find that I have had some very good Tope sessions on the boat, not far out onto caernarfon bar in June.

Often in less than 16' of water .... So they are there .. and not bothered about having much water over themselves.

Give it a go

:)

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
i was snapped off by one last year that had my wr300 folded over while after rays.

that was in june. i,ll be there again this year in early june with wire traces.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts