World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

my partner and I decided to take the inflatable out today as the weather was rather nice and with the kids at school we had a few hours free.

We were going to head down to Minnis Bay but went a bit further round to Westgate as it is normally quiet there and not loads of sailing dinghies.

By the time we had unloaded everything and set up, it was around 11:30ish so the tide was out quite a way.
Dragging the dinghy across the sand isn't too bad with the transom wheels I have made and before long we were under way.
We only went out half a mile or so as we didn't have a great amount of time and anchored in 25ft of water between Westgate and Epple Bay.

I was using frozen sandeel and my partner Corrie was using squid (the little party ones).
It wasn't long before Corrie had the first doggie of the day and a few minutes later I had my first one too.

We carried on catching doggies and lost count how many we actually caught!

Corrie was amazed how one of them curled itself up and didn't want to straighten out for a picture.

I had a sharp tug on my rod and after a lot of pulling (thought I had a really big fish on) I landed this thornback..

More doggies followed before I caught my second one of the day

We continued to catch dogfish until we packed up and headed in somewhere around 14:00hrs.

It was a nice midweek trip and no doubt the weather will be carp for the bank holiday weekend, so we made the most of it.
Most of the doggies were a nice size but the thornbacks were smaller than the last ones we caught. All fish were returned.

Malcolm.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nice one a productive few hours out (lucky you i was stuck in work)
The idea when we got the inflatable was to just go out for a couple of hours at a time without the need for a towing vehicle (the whole lot does just fit in a corsa but more room in the transit minibus) or having to wait for the tide on a slipway.

We have thought of going out from Deal beach (when the mackerel are about) and just taking very light spinning gear with us.

I am quite lucky in being able to pick my own days off and I know if I had time, I would be out there tomorrow as well. The only problem is the washing machine blew up and I had to fork out for a new one. The "buy a bigger boat fund" needs building up again. D'Oh!

Malcolm.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
them rays are slowly going and seem to nbe getting smaller, making room for them hounds.

the macky idea sounds good. you could drift from kingsdown down towards the pier and feather on the way. always the chance of gettting a few bass too.

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
Well done Malc and Corrie. Looked like a lovely day for it!

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
well done malcolm ,nice report i do like to read your reports with ENVY LOLwhen you get out on the dinghy ,as i rode to work today i thought it looks dinghy weather ,,,hope to get out when back from my fishin holiday TIGHT LINES

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.