World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Anybody out there interested in dinghy fishing? I own a 5m Seastrike aluminium boat which I use in the Cardiff area in the winter and west Wales for the summer.
After many years of fishing together my fishing bubby has bought a boat to use with his family.

So is there an experienced person out there interested in joining me for regular trips at weekends throughout the year and all I ask for is a contribution towards the cost of fuel.
I will also consider a novice who would be interested in fishing but also prepared to learn boating skills to RYA level 2.

If your interested pm me.

Tight lines!

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Calmia we are still on for the "Great Swansea Bay Adventure" but we haven't had the weather to go, when I have had time off work. I am taking the week off commencing 5th Feb, but I am playing golf on the Saturday 5th, but after that I am giving it "rooty toot" on the fishing.
The only problem is that from Monday 7th, the tides are getting big, which is good for shore fishing, but not so good for boat fishing. So I will do Sunday off the boat, then Tuesday, Wed, Thurs off the shore ( You dont want to be off Mumbles Head in middle ebb of a 42 footer)!!!
blueskip

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi blueskip,
Looking forward to the "Great Swansea Bay Adventure" as you say the weather has been against us, not to worry as soon as we get the right weather and tides I’ll be there.

As you can see by my post my crew jumped ship and sailed off into the blue yonder on his own boat, “gd luck m8” I’ve now thrown out an invitation for a new crew member before I’m forced to pressgang someone.

If we don’t get together next week, good luck with the fishing.

Calmia

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
My Driving, my long irons, my short irons, my chipping, my putting, these are my handicap, apart from that I "LOOK" the part, around 16 currently but it usually goes down to 13/14 in the summer when we have some dry weather.
blueskip

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Calmia, swapped my 20HP Yamaha last night, for a 50HP Merc, which came with a spare power head, that has been reconditioned by a Merc main dealer! I now have to fit up remotes, but we have the technology, but I doubt it will be ready by next week, but you can "eat my wake" later on this spring.
blueskip

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
blueskip,
Sorry for delay! so you got a new motor then! 50hp is a bit of a beast for a 13 footer, if your not careful you'll end up on the seabed like a ray, God for bid.

Spring time will be good for me as i've just got a new engine myself and in the process of running it in.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
"The Beast" would be a great new name for the boat but its bad luck to change the name so I have been told! This thing of mine is 14ft 6in and could be home made, I think the glass is about 3/8" thick, & double skinned in places! somebody told me its on the same lines as a Boston Whaler or an Orkney Dory, its twice the weight of the Dell Quay. Think though Calmia when the "Birmingham Navy" are at anchor in Pwll Ddu sipping their tiffin, I can ballock through them at 30mph & get my own back for an hour previously!!!!!!!!!!
blueskip

1 - 9 of 9 Posts