Tide: LW: 1-10pm / 1m HW: 7-16pm / 4.2m

Trip time: 8-30am to 4-30pm

Nm Covered: 26.5

Species: Mackeral, Tope, Garfish, Pollack, Coalie, Dogfish

Crew: Just Me

Bait: Mackeral

Weather: sunny/calm to F3

Report:

If I had not caught anything today it would have been a crackin day, the views going out were stunning, clear as a bell and flat calm :clap2:

only a quick stitch job! Inch on the right Rossbiegh on the left
Link to wide pic

Right now to the fishing :)
Went to Minard for Mack, did'nt take long before i started thinking 'i'm in the wrong place here' about 10mins to be exact, especially when i could just see Gannets rocketing in at Minard head - off again!
It was stuffed with them there, haven't even tried that spot before
Time to give the Tope a good go now, it was around 3hrs before lw, tried a bank out from Inch, just dogs there, so I tried an area that was maybe 200yds away from there and only 15' deep, it did't take long to get among some good fish there, had one in the boat, lost one due to a crimp parting and released one at the side, missed a good few others as well, great fun in shallow water, they were running and coming out of the water, at slack water I thought it was time to christen the Solid c rod proper, just hooked on a mack and a 1oz weight - here goes (really should have changed that hat :doh: )

Youtube movie:fishing1:

Had one more Tope going back into Inch, just t barred it off at the side, so sorry no Tope pics this time, would need a cable to the camera for that!!
Tried hard for Seatrout after that but no joy, but had a couple of Garfish instead, hell there is some scales off those things.

Sean,

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.