World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
launched my little 4mtr inflatable from the left slipway in penarth a good 4hrs before high tide went straight out about 750yds caught congers and loads of whiting to 2lb found mackrel and squid better than lugworm. sea conditions flat calm it looks a well shelterd area loads of boats out

·
Registered
370 Posts
hi
does it have an engine
could you tell me more about this dingy sounds fun

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
yes harpo fished in a 16ft dinghy for years off that mark. about that far out or even a bit further if u can, u can also try motoring down 2 the right of the pier when the cod starts, no need 2 go too far only on the coral on the ranny, can be a very good cod mark m8.

·
Registered
370 Posts
hi
do you think you could go out in a dingy with no motor just paddles (if thats what they are called)

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
ofcourse u can, but i really really wouldnt advise it, especially if u r new 2 it,, these waters can change quicker than my wife getting dressed 2 go out,if u no what i mean. personally i would av a motor,, but we all av our own opinions, we over the years have helped a few people in difficulty, 1 even lost his oars, dont do it///

·
Registered
26 Posts
LOCALFISHER......don't even think about going out into the channel in just an inflatable without an engine.i have my own boat a 22ft colvic fisher.i regulaly fish marks off penarth and the tide rip oyt there can be horrendous. all you will end up with is RNLI called out and believe me you will get a major rollocking ....dont be stupid.if u want a day out in a boat fishing either use one of the charter boats or even better if u know a mate with a private boat go with them....its not only you're life at risk......tight lines taffy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts