World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
Been hearing alot about Cefn Sidan, I know its the other side of burry port but how do you get there and where do you fish once your there, any info would be cool

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Get yourslf onto the m4 and take the junction for Llanelli I think it's 48 but I'm not sure anyway it's the last one-if you run out of motorway you've gone too far. For Cefn Sidan head into Llanelli and through it following the signs for Pembrey country park as you turn off the main road in Pembrey you follow the road round and over the railway bridge. There is a long straight road which has a couple of WW2 pillboxes on it. If you continue along this you will come to the entrance to the country park which is a nice place to visit and does have beach access although it's quite a walk , can be unfishable due to the number of visitors in Summer and costs a fiver to enter. A better option is that as the main entrance road bends right there is a turning left turn here; there is a car park here and a soccer field. Go straight ahead and you'll see a single track road ahead of you with high steel railings on your right and bushes on your left. Follow this road-it's not the smoothest but quite passable. Take care as it's only single track and it is not always possible to see vehicles coming the other way. Where the railings turn right the road follows them around keep going. Where the road forks take the left one-you'll soon find out if you've gone wrong because the right fork is a dead end.There is a water treatment plant on your right go past this. Keep on the road and you'll come to a place where there is a cross roads go straight on (incidentaly if you turn right and park you can step over the barrier and get into the country park foc) A little way further on the track broadens out into a car park that's it. It's free and there are no barriers so it's open 24/7. There is a track over the dunes which leads you onto the beach, it looks passable but if you're not in a 4x4 do not be tempted-YOU WILL GET STUCK- If you are in a 4x4 you can access the beach this way, but again a note of caution it is also single track and the final dune before the beach itself is quite steep and the going is not good-this is not such a problem going on to the beach but some 4x4s that are not as capable as, say a Landrover need a run up to get off the beach and it is a good idea to stop and check before making the climb, once on the beach be aware that there are some rather nasty little humps before you reach hard sand. If anyone does plan on using their vehicle on the beach could you please read my post on beach etiquette ( non-fishing chat) BEFORE doing so-this is important because it is only by adhering to a code of practice that this privilege might remain and not be revoked by the powers that be.Hope this is clear but don't hesitate to ask if it's not.

·
Registered
76 Posts
paid4tackledealersroller said:
Get yourslf onto the m4 and take the junction for Llanelli I think it's 48 but I'm not sure anyway it's the last one-if you run out of motorway you've gone too far. For Cefn Sidan head into Llanelli and through it following the signs for Pembrey country park as you turn off the main road in Pembrey you follow the road round and over the railway bridge. There is a long straight road which has a couple of WW2 pillboxes on it. If you continue along this you will come to the entrance to the country park which is a nice place to visit and does have beach access although it's quite a walk , can be unfishable due to the number of visitors in Summer and costs a fiver to enter. A better option is that as the main entrance road bends right there is a turning left turn here; there is a car park here and a soccer field. Go straight ahead and you'll see a single track road ahead of you with high steel railings on your right and bushes on your left. Follow this road-it's not the smoothest but quite passable. Take care as it's only single track and it is not always possible to see vehicles coming the other way. Where the railings turn right the road follows them around keep going. Where the road forks take the left one-you'll soon find out if you've gone wrong because the right fork is a dead end.There is a water treatment plant on your right go past this. Keep on the road and you'll come to a place where there is a cross roads go straight on (incidentaly if you turn right and park you can step over the barrier and get into the country park foc) A little way further on the track broadens out into a car park that's it. It's free and there are no barriers so it's open 24/7. There is a track over the dunes which leads you onto the beach, it looks passable but if you're not in a 4x4 do not be tempted-YOU WILL GET STUCK- If you are in a 4x4 you can access the beach this way, but again a note of caution it is also single track and the final dune before the beach itself is quite steep and the going is not good-this is not such a problem going on to the beach but some 4x4s that are not as capable as, say a Landrover need a run up to get off the beach and it is a good idea to stop and check before making the climb, once on the beach be aware that there are some rather nasty little humps before you reach hard sand. If anyone does plan on using their vehicle on the beach could you please read my post on beach etiquette ( non-fishing chat) BEFORE doing so-this is important because it is only by adhering to a code of practice that this privilege might remain and not be revoked by the powers that be.Hope this is clear but don't hesitate to ask if it's not.
well said that man! we need more info as good as this hope 2 visit cefn soon thank you matey.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Regarding 4x4s on the beach my post is now a 'sticky' on the shore fishing forum please read. Forgot to mention marks on Cefn. Straight down from the entrance is Ok. 200 yards to the left is better there are a number of small gullies here visable at low tide, fish over them-they conceal cockle and worm beds ( the cockles are some of the best tasting from here but please leave some for me :) ). Further East can be good as can the North Channel into Burry Port harbour. If you want to turn right as you come onto the beach you are facing a stiff walk as the public bathing beach is close-do not fish here-it's generally frowned upon I don't know if it is actually banned but it may well be. 1 mile further down the beach is an old wreck near to some stones dumped on the beach, this can fish well as there are worm beds there. Couple of miles further on there is a channel between the main beach and a sand bar-again good spot but do'nt be tempted to actually fish the bar, the tide comes in extremely quickly and there is a real danger of getting cut off. A mile further west and you're at the 3 river estuary fishing is generally good here with the added bonus that you don't have to retreat great distances up the beach it can get very weedy though and as it,s over 5 miles from the entrance you have to be determined, or drive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts