World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Living near Peterborough, all venues about 2hrs away - where to go? Nowhere seemed very spakling at the moment. Why have there been no reports from the Wall since last year? My hunch was that those Suffolk boys were keeping quiet about some serious sport down there. Well I had a new rod (Conoflex Easy-Cast for old farts) bait and time on my hands - I was going to fish somewhere whatever!
Got to the wall and found I had it to myself? It was obviously fishing its head off but all the locals had to take their families out for the bank holday instead of going fishing?
Walked down to the aerials just to see if I still could. Had 100 sloppy pregnant worms to spray across the beach. Started at high water (1030) and fished the tide down. Total fish caught was 1 small grey sharkey type thing (smoothhound pup? - not good at exotic species) and a small whiting.
Well what do you expect from Suffolk beaches during the day in August? I didn't care, peaceful day on the beach and the new rod performed ok - roll on cod and whiting time.

G

·
At least you know why there's been no reports. Crappy codling are starting to show now. Summer's over, did it really start?

I don't care I there's codling about, I'm not finished with the bass yet.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
few soles mate, but night tides best, crabs are the pain in the backside thats the main problem to,

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I'd really be looking at a bit of night fishing, not all night but few hours in the evening. You will catch 10 times more thoughout the autumn than in daylight.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Fished the dirty wall all summer worst spring and summer i have had up there for years no decent bass or cod, May weed was murder, water never seemed to really clear for a bit of spinning either.
Admittingly i fished in daylight but this has never stopped me catching good fish (as long as you can cast) the walk from 12 to the arieals this year has never been worth the effort ,plenty of dog fish around at moment on ebb (squid).

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fished the dirty wall all summer worst spring and summer i have had up there for years no decent bass or cod, May weed was murder, water never seemed to really clear for a bit of spinning either.
Admittingly i fished in daylight but this has never stopped me catching good fish (as long as you can cast) the walk from 12 to the arieals this year has never been worth the effort ,plenty of dog fish around at moment on ebb (squid).
Hi Lateral,
glad it's not just me who found it poor. By the way, I can definitely cast; 50m full pendulum and 20-30m overhead thump!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.