World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Can i ask? is there any place`s good for disabled people around south scotland ?...

Well not really disabled but had heart attack afew years ago & still not well.

I can only walk about 50 yards without stopping for a rest ,
so iam looking for a place i can fish close to parking spot & some were to pitch a tent , would be greatfull for a reply

Thanks
Les.....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi m8,
The best place for you would be "East Tarbert bay" just before you reach the Mull of Galloway Lighthouse, on the left hand side.Windy narrow road down to shoreline, ask permission from farmer at farmhouse on left hand side before turning left down to bay to put up tent....he is very obliging.

You could also try Port Logan pier, car park right next to it...not sure about pitching the tent though!
You could also try Killintringin lighthouse area (just north of Portpatrick)....not far to walk to fishing grounds and able to pitch tent here.(wee bit of a climb back up to the car though!).You should be ok if you take your time.

All the best.

Norie McKinnon

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Aye Port logan pier is a good 'easy' mark, especially for coalies, pollack and dogs. Best fishing is on a night and it is worth trying float fishing, spinning, baitfishing and also conger fishing from the end or just before the wall section.terally Bay would be another easy mark, and also new England bay caravn site is just around the corner.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys

i`ll find out were these places are ,( if any one has a map of these area would be greatfull ) looking to have a good week end of fishing soon.

i`ll let you know what the out come of the week end was when i get back .

les..........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts