World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been fishing for a few months now and i'm starting to get a build up of used/old tackle. Can anyone tell me what is the best way to discard this end tackle in a safe manner?:unsure:

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
what kind of tackle are you talkin about?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Put your old hooks in a old plastic drinks bottle,and cut your old line in to small pieces so it does'nt get tangled with anything:thumbs::thumbs:.

·
The people's moral compass
12,847 Posts
i have 4yrs worth of hooks in tub, all my old line goes in the incinerator when i burn my waste paper (can't be recycled due to a silicone coating :[ ), safest way i know, haven't yet decided how to get rid of the old hooks, did consider a small bottle of acid and dropping them in!

·
Freeloader
6,660 Posts
have u tried putting them in salty water surley they will rust away what they suppose to do

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
you could allways keep saving your hooks till you have enough to wiegh them in(might take you awhile though)

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the replies people, some great responses.

·
Registered
314 Posts
get yourself down to the chemist mate and ask them if you can but a sharps bin the sort diabetics put used needles in mate it will take years to fill but safe out of the wat from little kiddy fingers.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
get yourself down to the chemist mate and ask them if you can but a sharps bin the sort diabetics put used needles in mate it will take years to fill but safe out of the wat from little kiddy fingers.
thats where mine go, got one at work,

·
Banned
15,237 Posts
Keep your old hooks for when some snotty kid asks "Any hooks Mr?"

If they ask for a weight tell them to stay there and go fishing somewhere where there's no snotty kids about. Longest wait they'll ever have.

·
Registered
553 Posts
was walking of worthing pier today and some kids had just left, fishing not 5 foot from a bin. the buggers had left 2 bags worth of rubbish and 3 hookless rigs. which i binned. tomorrow i will have a word!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts