World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been fishing for a few months now and i'm starting to get a build up of used/old tackle. Can anyone tell me what is the best way to discard this end tackle in a safe manner?:unsure:

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
what kind of tackle are you talkin about?

·
The people's moral compass
12,847 Posts
i have 4yrs worth of hooks in tub, all my old line goes in the incinerator when i burn my waste paper (can't be recycled due to a silicone coating :[ ), safest way i know, haven't yet decided how to get rid of the old hooks, did consider a small bottle of acid and dropping them in!

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
you could allways keep saving your hooks till you have enough to wiegh them in(might take you awhile though)

·
Registered
314 Posts
get yourself down to the chemist mate and ask them if you can but a sharps bin the sort diabetics put used needles in mate it will take years to fill but safe out of the wat from little kiddy fingers.

·
Banned
15,237 Posts
Keep your old hooks for when some snotty kid asks "Any hooks Mr?"

If they ask for a weight tell them to stay there and go fishing somewhere where there's no snotty kids about. Longest wait they'll ever have.

·
Registered
553 Posts
was walking of worthing pier today and some kids had just left, fishing not 5 foot from a bin. the buggers had left 2 bags worth of rubbish and 3 hookless rigs. which i binned. tomorrow i will have a word!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.