World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and a mate fished loughor this evening bit of a high tide, stopped of at country stores for some mud rag but when we got to loughor we realised we had been given small dying king rag :doh:....ow well if the fish are biting they would have taken king rag! set up and realised how fast the tide was coming up and how much of a current there was....long story cut short a few bites HELL of alot of weed and NO fish what so ever :wallbash:

Ow well nice to get out for a few hours, bit disspointed with the worm but you win some you loose some :happy:

Swansea squid

·
Registered
555 Posts
why didnt you phone the shop about the worm ? but i know they dont sell king rag until the winter so you must have had mudrag.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
coz it was pointless we only got 8 quids worth if i had bought a good sessions worth i would have.

These were definetly not mud rag they might have been normall rag but these werent mud rag

·
Registered
784 Posts
might be a tip i fish the esturys on low tide every other sunday if you go next sunday its a 10.2m perfect take a few tins of tuna put a few holes in it put it in the mud and it gives a sent trail,and cast at that

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
might be a tip i fish the esturys on low tide every other sunday if you go next sunday its a 10.2m perfect take a few tins of tuna put a few holes in it put it in the mud and it gives a sent trail,and cast at that
Usefull tip for fishing for CATfish...ours loves tuna, drives him wild, lol

·
Registered
784 Posts
Usefull tip for fishing for CATfish...ours loves tuna, drives him wild, lol
it gets me flounder all the time along with a des O`conner lp i put in to the water:roll1::roll1::roll1:

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
bad luck, mate. an estuary on a big tide is always hard work. whenever i have gone somewhere after people reckon they have caught lots of big fish, i have always blanked. strange...

·
Registered
555 Posts
what you had was mudrag...suggest you call the shop next time before slagging them off.,,,,:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

·
Registered
12,163 Posts
Fishing the loughour on anything other than Neap tides is a waste of time in my opinion.

·
Registered
70 Posts
stopped of at country stores for some mud rag but when we got to loughor we realised we had been given small dying king rag. (as said by Swansea Squid)

I had the same issue a few months back, It was not Maddies it was small King. I know my Worm I have been fishing for 50 Years. It was stinking when I opened it up, it really was on its last stages.

I also bought Peeler Crab a few weeks back, thinking I would not be done a second time I did'nt check them. When I got to the Mark they were Soofties. This time I did go back and explain, they said sorry and blamed the boy upstairs who served me. At the end of the day it's not hard to get it right.

Don't try and tell me what I had because I am 100% sure.

·
Registered
238 Posts
ive herd of this shop doing this b4,does sv bullet work there or something hes telling u wat u ad and he didnt even see it ive herd of this shop selling **** worm a good few times

·
Registered
555 Posts
you might need your eyes tested then coz i do work there and i know for a fact there is no king rag there.simple as that.but like many others have said on here,if you bought something from asda youd take it back not slag the shop off wouldnt you ? shame there are to many shallow people on here......

·
Registered
338 Posts
Its not the Poole Harbor Rag isit? I've had that before but was told in advance,

·
Registered
555 Posts
no conoflex,they only get that in the winter for the comps when the maddies are harder to get.and king rag very very rare.again only in the winter.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I had a feeling this may get a little heated!

I get my bait form Gowerton, its always been up to scratch for the 4 years ive been going there!

got it from mainwarings ONCE and it may have been a bad day, but it didnt compare! the guys get on with it and give me what I ask for, I dont know ***** about the different types of rag though as I never use it!

It get mentioned ALOT on here, so may have to rethink that!

·
Banned
44,186 Posts
As has been said already, if you bought something mank from the supermarket, you'd go back and get it sorted. Please don't use this forum to slag shops off, better to sort things face to face. Now, let's get back to the fishing please.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Bought some worm on the way down to Llangenith last week. Had a great day on th GG's. Bait was second to none.

·
Registered
238 Posts
lol this site is for people to say wot they got he got **** worm ive never had **** worm from gowerton stores and use them only wen i have to ie winter shortage and they seem to be shorter than mainwarings and i hate that overpriced shop again this is a site to say if you had ****y bait etc

1 - 19 of 19 Posts