World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you advise me where I can buy Distress Flares for my Quicksilver 430 inflatable, and which type to go for please?
Vlad.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks cascars but your link shows - "Service Unavailable".

G

·
Vlad
Any chandlery will sell them.
You will need an inshore pack.

You may have one or two problems getting them mail order as most carriers will not deliver them as they are classed as Fire Arms (or something like that).

G

·
Must be a temporary problem with the website. It worked ok earlier.
Most online chandlers sell flares, I will see if I can find another one for you.

·
Registered
220 Posts
i dont think the inshore pack includes parachute flares. i think you should have 2 of those ,as allthough you may be close to the shore, nothing attracts attention like one of those

G

·
I bought some last year so unless the law has changed then you are mistaken. Mind you they were delivered by courier and not the postman!

·
Registered
9,541 Posts
i dont think the inshore pack includes parachute flares. i think you should have 2 of those ,as allthough you may be close to the shore, nothing attracts attention like one of those
It would not be advisable to use parachute flares close to shore as it could give a false impression of where the problem is. Better to buy a few extra hand flares for the money I would have thought, unless you were under a cliff or out of line of sight from people on shore.

·
Captain Chaos!
3,694 Posts
I bought some last year so unless the law has changed then you are mistaken. Mind you they were delivered by courier and not the postman!
Hiya, Its definately not allowed to send them by Royal Mail...

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content1?catId=400044&mediaId=36200675

http://www.parcelforce.com/portal/pw/content1?catId=25800694&mediaId=25900690

And, possibly if your courier knew what he was carrying, he wouldnt have delivered them either...I work for one of the biggest parcel carrier companies in the UK, and they are NOT allowed on any of their vehicles....

To carry Flares etc, as far as I know, the driver and vehicle has to have an ADR ?? Cert, and the vehicle to show sign that its carrying explosives...
Hope this is of some use to you...:):)

G

·
Hiya, Its definately not allowed to send them by Royal Mail...

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content1?catId=400044&mediaId=36200675

http://www.parcelforce.com/portal/pw/content1?catId=25800694&mediaId=25900690

And, possibly if your courier knew what he was carrying, he wouldnt have delivered them either...I work for one of the biggest parcel carrier companies in the UK, and they are NOT allowed on any of their vehicles....

To carry Flares etc, as far as I know, the driver and vehicle has to have an ADR ?? Cert, and the vehicle to show sign that its carrying explosives...
Hope this is of some use to you...:):)
And yet most online chandlers sell them:g: . How are they supposed to get to the customer:unsure: .

·
Registered
220 Posts
It would not be advisable to use parachute flares close to shore as it could give a false impression of where the problem is. Better to buy a few extra hand flares for the money I would have thought, unless you were under a cliff or out of line of sight from people on shore.
he did not say where he fishes, we are often under 100meter high cliffs. being `close to shore `may still be a way out if you are fishing at low tide off some of your beaches that i have seen. i hoped that if he was that close in or theres a danger of the flare landing on the shore he would use a smoke. i have never had to use my flares yet but if i have to it will be like midnight new years eve in london

G

·
And yet most online chandlers sell them:g: . How are they supposed to get to the customer:unsure: .
Terry

I think that some less scrupulous chandlers won't tell the carrier what is in the box.
It is true that a carrier needs very specific insurance to deliver any pyrotechnics and the majority simply won't take them. It simply isn't worth it for the few times a year they carry something explosive.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts