World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do many people fish the rock marks near brighouse bay campsite?, as i am hoping it wont be to crowded when i go on saturday through till friday. and what are the best baits at the min? still mackerel? and will i definently catch mackerel as i am not planning on taking bait

·
Registered
526 Posts
do many people fish the rock marks near brighouse bay campsite?, as i am hoping it wont be to crowded when i go on saturday through till friday. and what are the best baits at the min? still mackerel? and will i definently catch mackerel as i am not planning on taking bait
not particularly busy , there are plenty of rock marks to fish , fishing mackeral on the bottom will produce doggies , float fish mackeral strip
or spin sandeel may produce pollock , personally i would bring some mackie as you cannot always garentee to catch them , you could buy some in the tackle shop in castledouglas

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
The chance of the area being crowded are zilch. Good chance most days you will not see another rod in the water. If you can, get a good detailed ordnance survey map such as landranger, which will help you choose your fishing spots.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok guys cheers for the info.. do you think ill have any luck spinning fire tail jelly worms and other spinners and wedges?

·
Registered
15 Posts
can produce alot of fish either bottom fishing or spinning aswell as big fish but be carefull if it has been raining as the rocks around that coastline are treacherous.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I might see you there. Was hoping to camp on the east coast but all campsites were full. Staying at southerness and will fish this beach for flatties and hopefully a bass. Will head to brighouse on saturday I think and hope to see you there.

Nick

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah would be good to chat to a few fisherman while im there..i just hope it aint got to climb down too steep a rock to get to some flattish rocks lol..

i dont mind climbing just im going to have the girlfriend with me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts