173 Posts
<font color='#000000'>i want help.

tell me how.

u mean wwith feathers?</font>

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font color='#000000'>hi fishy1 yes with feathers but with shrimp baits and it depends how deep water u r in trying to catch them buy ounting secondse.g. on rocks just under the surface and on wrecks is 21 seconds maybe more or less</font>

·
Registered
5 Posts
<font color='#FF0000'>if u can&#39;t catch mackrel don&#39;t think you should be fishing.
jus kidding . hate the things after the first 100 of them.
catch throw back. catch throw back x100,000
</font>

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Ah yes. But how about trying for them on a fly rod........

.......on another note, how&#39;s your foxhunting going?

Let&#39;s see. One of the above is sporting fun and the other is.....</font>

·
Registered
19 Posts
<font color='#000000'>I am really new to sea fishing, and yet to catch a fish. I have used feathers, but no luck. Fishing around penarth in South Wales. Is it possible to catch them from the beach over sand? Am I too far near the mouth of the severn, or don&#39;t they mind the murky water. And you bait the flies with prawn??
And what tide conditions are best?</font>

·
Registered
2 Posts
<font color='#000000'>May not be good advice for newbie anglers but I use a dexter wedge 25-30grms and crimp the barbs- easier to unhook- use this with a soft action carp rod or spinning rod. I&#39;ve found this is excellent sport and usually attracts th bigger ones&#33; Try around rocky outcrops and you can have a good mixed bag this time of year, I&#39;ve caught Bass, Gernard, pollock and some huge mackerel. Best result have been just after high tide but have caught at low tide too... happy hunting
</font>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts