World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so... I've just moved from a big(ish) city in England to a very tinny village in Germany right next to river Weser (which is about 1km wide and 25km from the North sea). I used to do a moderate amount of pike fishing around the Norfolk Broads whenever I had the time. When my partner and I moved to our new home I was looking forward to spending a bit more of my free time fishing (and believe me I'm now going out of my mind with boredom on a daily basis), however to fish in Germany requires a licence that can only be obtained by joining a club, taking 30 hours of professionally instructed lessons then passing a written exam and it can only be taken in German. My main objection to this process is that it will cost me (as a part timer) the same amount as what a whole set up would. I know in England you do not need a licence to fish from the shore into the North Sea but dose anyone know if this is the same in Germany ?, I doubt it very much but I'm having trouble getting a straight "yes or no" answer out of Google.
Any help and all advice would be greatly appreciated...

·
Banned
8,293 Posts
There is a bloke on here "**********" and same bloke "Nemesis" on the other forum.
Seems to know a fair bit about Europe, send him a message, he may be able to advise.

Reactions: LeonDE

·
Registered
293 Posts
so... I've just moved from a big(ish) city in England to a very tinny village in Germany right next to river Weser (which is about 1km wide and 25km from the North sea). I used to do a moderate amount of pike fishing around the Norfolk Broads whenever I had the time. When my partner and I moved to our new home I was looking forward to spending a bit more of my free time fishing (and believe me I'm now going out of my mind with boredom on a daily basis), however to fish in Germany requires a licence that can only be obtained by joining a club, taking 30 hours of professionally instructed lessons then passing a written exam and it can only be taken in German. My main objection to this process is that it will cost me (as a part timer) the same amount as what a whole set up would. I know in England you do not need a licence to fish from the shore into the North Sea but dose anyone know if this is the same in Germany ?, I doubt it very much but I'm having trouble getting a straight "yes or no" answer out of Google.
Any help and all advice would be greatly appreciated...
You dont need a licence to fish from the shore - I fished the shore from Cuxhaven east to Heilegenhafen (? spelling) - no problem.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Just tell em give us a licence and me brother will send you over a flight of spitfires! that should keep em happy
They do have some odd/hard things around outside things in Europe trying shooting in france for one!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi LeonDe,
you are right you need a general licence in germany. For the Unterweser from the city of Bremen to the shore you need only the general licence, for other waters you also other licences. For the general licence you must not to be member of a club. For people of foreign countries there are special amd temporarely agreement possible, but I dont`t know them.
You should ask the people from the local authority:

Fischeramt Bremen
Violenstr.49
28195 Bremen
email: info[a]fischeramt-bremen.de
Tel: 0421 324144

Öffnungszeiten:

Mo-Fr. 15-17 Uhr

Stefan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts