World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Four of us fished Dock Beach yesterday between the first and second groyne, 2hrs up and 2hrs down. Lousy fishing .. I had 3 bites the whole time. Failed to hook into anything. I used rag, mackerel and squid. Size two and size four hooks with 2 and 3 hook scratching rigs. I fished from 15 yards to 60 yards. One of the lads fishing next to me had two very small flounder from close in. The only bites we had were on the ragworm.

Does anyone have much luck at this mark ? I hardly ever catch there ...

·
Registered
198 Posts
The flounder get bigger further out on the mud flats, had 3 last week to about 1lb - 1lb 1/2 lb.
Think a cast of about 80 -100 yds would get you out there, recommend checking the ground out on low, theres a lot of gulleys between the weed and the mud, this tends to be where the flounder are. In addition the gulley that has been dredged for the boats to go in and out of the bay is now 15 mtrs deep on a medium tide. If you can find a way to get to this, it tends to produce.
JD

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brilliant ! Thanks mate , thats the best information I've had on dock beach. Next time I'll belt them out !!
Thanks again ..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts