World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Good fish this morning lads, went down dock beach bout 8ish. Fished two hours up had 3 whiting on lug and squid 2 hook patern rig. Two of them bout 1 1/2lb well happy!!
Carried on 2 hours down, had a flounder (1LB) and an eel, lots of bites all on squid and lug, had rag but they didn't want to know!
Glad i gave the morning session another go, good westerly wind but flat calm and sheltered where i was.
JD

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well done ! Could I be cheeky and ask where and how to fish Dock beach ? I've never had any luck there .. probably because my casting is lousy and I cant put a bait in deep enough water. I've heard you get the most variety of species there and big bass turn up even in the middle of winter.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No problem m8,
if you know where Penarth Maria is, go as far as the entrance to the Cardiff Barrage, park in the resturant car park cos it won't cost you!
then pass the barrage dock as if you were walkin down the coast to Penarth, either fish of the beach or on the sea side of the boulders (you'll know what i mean).
All sorts can be caught there, the ground is shale and weed going to mud.
Make sure you keep your bait in a box as there are rats around and they're bait robbers!
JD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts