World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK - after the advice on here (that doel fins might indeed work for a fast small boat), I thought what's to lose. So £24 spent and half an hour fitting and the doel fins are on. Wind's now dropped so may be able to try them tomorrow morning.
BUT ..... anyone who has an auxiliary fitted on a bracket down in the well rather than up high like Warrior fit them, beware. With the auxiliary down, the doel fins can impact the prop. And this is the worst situation of course, because if you are using your auxiliary to provide the drive and the main engine to steer with, the last thing you want is to lose your prop on your remaining engine. I have discovered that if I put the auxiliary deep (two notches down for the bracket), the prop is about 3 inches below the doel fins. I will have to try it tomorrow and see if it still drives the boat OK with the little prop down deep. Also will need to put a big warning sticker on the dashboard in case I sell the boat with the doel fins on.
Mike

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are only going to make way with the aux at minimum speed at best . So why would it not drive the boat with the prop down deeper?
Dave.

Dunno .... I just assumed there was a proper height for these things. Mind I might well fall in, trying to get the engine/bracket down into that position :unsure:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts