World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello fellow fishers!
Since a young age, i have always had this small dream of being some where nice and quite like a lake next to the woods, to which i could go fishing, catch and then make a little fire to cook it and eat it on.

The idea is just peaceful and away from day to day world. I know we have lakes over here, but allot of them are for carp etc that we cant eat.

I live in South East London, so hopefully if anyone does know of nice getaway fishing spots it wont be too too far away.

Kind regards
Micheal

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I’m not sure if there are any fisheries where you can cook what you catch on the bank ?!? But if you go to a nice secluded beach somewhere and catch you could put that in the pan for breakfast/supper !

·
Premium Member
17,427 Posts
We don’t eat Pike or Perch so the lake idea is out. Like joe says there is plenty secluded areas around The whole of the uk coastline

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Surely there must be plenty of quiet camp sites near trout rivers in the UK. Remember one where we were the only campers, and caught supper of small brown trout from the stream that ran past the camp site. There was also a camp site at the foot of Ben Nevis, and trout, sea trout and salmon available in the River Nevis across the track.

Just need a little application. :)

·
Premium Member
17,427 Posts
Surely there must be plenty of quiet camp sites near trout rivers in the UK. Remember one where we were the only campers, and caught supper of small brown trout from the stream that ran past the camp site. There was also a camp site at the foot of Ben Nevis, and trout, sea trout and salmon available in the River Nevis across the track.

Just need a little application. :)
Yeah but you need a license and the guy sounds like he’s just after a jolly

·
Registered
16,371 Posts
Bewl water you can take the rainbows for dinner check there website I’m sure the Reservoir is big enough to have quite spots
I guess you can take the rainbows at most fisheries if you’ve paid for a bag limit, but I shouldn’t think they’d be too chuffed by people lighting fires around the lake.
The stream idea is a good one but yes you’d need a licence and again landowners don’t appreciate fires.

I guess it depends how legal you want to be and whether you want to chance it.

The coast with its many secluded spots is probably a better bet!

·
Registered
826 Posts
Get yourself on Google Earth mate and have a scoot along the coast....might need a bit of a walk but there are plenty of places that you could fish and find peace a tranquility.

·
Registered
9,986 Posts
I guess you can take the rainbows at most fisheries if you’ve paid for a bag limit, but I shouldn’t think they’d be too chuffed by people lighting fires around the lake.
The stream idea is a good one but yes you’d need a licence and again landowners don’t appreciate fires.

I guess it depends how legal you want to be and whether you want to chance it.

The coast with its many secluded spots is probably a better bet!
Quite a few trout fisheries have a barbique area near the fishing hut but few would allow camping.
A bit of wild free fishing and camping will be a rare thing south of Hadrian's wall .

·
Registered
159 Posts
I get it's a long trip but don't some of the lochs in Scotland hold sea fish. It's in a remote peaceful setting where you could camp out and cook up some mackerel or pollok or whatever you catch (I would assume providing it's a sea species then it's within the rules). I may be wrong as I'm just guessing but it's worth looking into (I'm sure someone who know more will put me right if I'm wrong). I guess it depends how far you are willing to travel for the setting that you have in your mind.......

·
Read Only
14,610 Posts
we camped at bedgellert, foot of snowdon, river ran thru the site was seatrout in there.
called camping in the forrest was a case just find a spot not set pitches.
ud need a licence, one of the staffs a fly fisherman trophies etc hed prob help u out but its obvious where to try. used to be able to buy a week licence for about 20 quid.

if u dont catch any fish theres rabbits.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Guys thank you all ever so much for all the useful posts!
I shall definitely take myself and get researching and scrolling through google maps as mentioned to hopefully find a beach, which hopefully isnt so populated with people and hopefully rules which would allow me to do a lil bbq too!
I really am thank for all of you posting your replies, really has help narrow it down!

Thank you everyone! If i do manage to finally make this little mini dream come true i shall 100% post my pics! And catches

Kind regards to you all and good luck on your next catch!

Micheal

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Get yourself to Fontburn, take your barbecue and your cans and stay there if that's your idea of Fishing, don't forget your bubble floats and powerbait. There's plenty of trout to be caught.

You could also get yourself to any of the North East piers when the "Mackie" are in, you will make lots of best friends if you take a bbq and a few cans, just don't forget your weed too!

It's not my idea of Fishing but each to their own!

If you want to escape the crowds and have nice scenery head for Scotland but please make sure you tidy up afterwards. Some marks have been ruined by the bbq and cans brigade.

·
Registered
244 Posts
To the original poster - Loch Awe has a few wild camp sites around it and a fairly healthy trout population - and if it goes t*ts up you're not far from the coast for a mackie bash..... personally I'd recommend Arisaig for the beaches - do a mackie and pop it on the barbie... ( see Local Hero for the beach )

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
we camped at bedgellert, foot of snowdon, river ran thru the site was seatrout in there.
called camping in the forrest was a case just find a spot not set pitches.
ud need a licence, one of the staffs a fly fisherman trophies etc hed prob help u out but its obvious where to try. used to be able to buy a week licence for about 20 quid.

if u dont catch any fish theres rabbits.
I’ve camped there last year when I walked up snowdon with the kids. Lovely camp site, nice realised there was fishing to be done in the river !
Will have to get back !!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts