World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On holiday this week and what a great week thanks to support from Portslade Pollack

Started the week with Andy showing me the corrct approach to mulletvfishing - both Ggs and. Thick lipped. I had no idea in advance hoq how many subtle things you need to be aware of to be successful. Then went out on my own and caught a good sized one that fought like crazy.
Next we went hound hunting at Selsey West beach. Andy showed me how to prepare everything and be ready for the strike... And they came.
By the end of the evening I had 3, ranging from 7 to 9 pounds. Great fun and different to the mullet.
Next (today) we went bass plugging. Wow! whay a subtle art.
However I listened to Andy's advice an,d landed a 3 pound bass. The strike was amazing. Lots of experiences in just one week.
Who needs to go on safari:clap:

·
Now in Littlehampton
3,474 Posts
I'm glad it finally all came together this week Nige and I know you enjoyed yourself which is what fishing is all about :fishing:

·
Registered
777 Posts
Well done Nigel :clap: finally it's all coming together for you mate,

One secret you need to share though mate is how do you manage to get so many passes from the mrs? :secret:

Jim

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks PP
The bass plugging guidance was so much more informative than what I have read in mags.
Still amazed I caught that big bass at the first attempt with you after I have struggled in the past on my own.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Well Done Nige, it's great to catch fish on such varied tactics. Andy was kind enough to show me the ropes last year for thicks and ever since I've had a target to catch a bass, a mullet and a hound in the same 24 hrs.

It won't happen this year for me due to a few other things non fishy related going on - bro's wedding etc, but maybe next year.

Nice going on a successful few trips.
Richard

·
WSF Hardcore Angler
4,040 Posts
great stuff fellas, an enjoyable week for you Nige and another member given some very valuable free advice from PP

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Richard
It was certainly like a safari - hunting the 'Big 3'
I still cannot believe it all happened in a week

I"m sure we could fo a PP appreciation group from all those who have benefited from Andys guidance

1 - 8 of 8 Posts