World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>Anyone tried these 16ft 4 in Shakespear rods yet.How did you get on.Supposed to be only good up to 4oz weights although bigger are claimed.</font>

M

·
0 Posts
<font color='#000000'>i havent tried the new versions

but i tried the old k2&#39;s and to be honest was not impressed

found them to floppy and un-stable in the wind

but hey....thats my opinion plenty of them sold so cant be all bad.

macky
</font>

·
Registered
568 Posts
<font color='#810541'>Nope, havent tried them myself, but my understanding is that they are best used with fixed spools loaded with light line for long distance casting. &nbsp;

I s&#39;pose you have to ask yourself, do you want/need to cast long distances, and do you fish over clean ground ?

For me, answer to both questions in NO, so I wont be buying one

</font>

·
Registered
23 Posts
<font color='#000000'>I tried the 16ft plus the other day at the local tackle shop. &nbsp;This Shakey K2 is definately rung for a fixed spool and I think it balances nicely with the shakey powerplay. &nbsp;For a non-caster using a over head thump a good distance is achieved. &nbsp;I tried a gentle fishing pendulum as I&#39;ve not bought the rod and it seems to handle it quiet well but I would be cautious to give it a good wack. &nbsp;The rod is rated upto 8oz and I feel this is OTT (Over The Top) but I may consider buying one if I required a reasonable distance but had restrictions on casting such as piers and busy beach - not the I often fish place that are crowded.</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts