World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished down to lw last night at Anchorsholme ,flat calm strong east wind, first cast resulted in a slack line bite (which i didn,t notice till it was too late )missed the bugger ,next cast another bite and i hooked in to an absolute monster it was really hard work to land then i found out i had foul hooked a doggy just behind its head (that explains the monster) then i had another dog properly hooked ,all this in the first fourty mins then nothing for the next two hours ,although i think this was down to there being no tide run at all .Then because i missed Sundays sesh at Knott end i gave it a few hours fishing down to lw couldn,t stay any longer unfortunately third cast i had a flounder around 8 oz then just before i left i managed my target and landed a plaice at 10 oz ,well chuffed ,i caught this a long way out in the channel as again the small tide gave no run at all closer in .Looks a good spot on a tiny tide fishing back into the gulley behind the mussel bed.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
well done mate i went past you as you where setting up ,there was some very large fish shapes in the sand out at lw could tell they where plaice by the round shape flounders are more oval, in the next week or two these fish should show further upriver i might organise another meet a week sunday ..gutz...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts