World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right lads .My good wife has just give me sunday off at short notice:kissing: .Can enybody put me on the right track to get my first dogfish from the holderness coast thanks

T

·
0 Posts
Am I right in thinking you are actually going to target dogfish?
...Do people do that?

T

·
0 Posts
anythings a bonus mate
Geez you guys have tough fishing!

There is nothing more sole destroying than winding into a bite to feel that heavy, baitrobbing dull thud of a doggie.
All the effort that has gone in to perfect bait presentation, the finest selection of cocktail baits, planning, tide reading, preparation and then "rattle, rattle", doggie here...:yucky:

Why would you do it intentionally?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats right coddy a fish is a fish .I like to catch eny fish and at the mo dogfish is at the top of my list.Tom fish if u dont like catching fish mate call it a day

·
Registered
453 Posts
Geez you guys have tough fishing!

There is nothing more sole destroying than winding into a bite to feel that heavy, baitrobbing dull thud of a doggie.
All the effort that has gone in to perfect bait presentation, the finest selection of cocktail baits, planning, tide reading, preparation and then "rattle, rattle", doggie here...:yucky:

Why would you do it intentionally?
it must be soul destroying for you to fish in this country looking at your best catch report but most of the lads who sea fish are just pleased to catch anything even if its a 3 inch flattie its more enjoyment rather than bragging bring on the hounds i say

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Dogfish are great. Try Aldborough southwards, using squid, mackerel or sandeel baits, 2/0 hooks. You might strike lucky and get a skate aswell

·
Registered
177 Posts
are dog fish a good eating fish because am sure i remember my grandad saying when he worked on grimsby docks he used to skin dog fish and complain about there rough skin? if they are good eating why the complaints? (i would be over the moon to catch one)

·
Registered
280 Posts
are dog fish a good eating fish because am sure i remember my grandad saying when he worked on grimsby docks he used to skin dog fish and complain about there rough skin? if they are good eating why the complaints? (i would be over the moon to catch one)
there are a few recipes on cooking dogfish in the "cooking your catch" forum.

According to rex hunt in australia they're known as flake, in this country they're known as rock salmon.

The skin was used for sanding before sandpaper was invented.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Dogfish are great. Try Aldborough southwards, using squid, mackerel or sandeel baits, 2/0 hooks. You might strike lucky and get a skate aswell
i'm up for it one weekend if anyone else fancies a bash as well:clap3:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts