World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having never caught a smutt and having a free day on monday was thinking on venturing out...ime near middlesbrough.
Where do you think the best place would be to go for a days fishing, if you are looking for smutts...along with anything else that might come your way....need some where that the car would be safe (its our lasses ans she would kill me if it vanished lol)I could be up and about at 9 ish and fish until early evening.
Oh and ide rather be fishing then driving so somewhere within an hour or so if possible, also not the best caster in the world so dont want to be having to hit the horizon...cos i cant lol
Any advice recomendations apreciated..also bait ides etc.

thanks

hughie

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think the west side would be closer for you not sure on marks but lots of doggies get caught that way

Cheers for that but you are looking at a couple of hours drive at least to get over to the west coast mate.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Having never caught a smutt and having a free day on monday was thinking on venturing out...ime near middlesbrough.
Where do you think the best place would be to go for a days fishing, if you are looking for smutts...along with anything else that might come your way....need some where that the car would be safe (its our lasses ans she would kill me if it vanished lol)I could be up and about at 9 ish and fish until early evening.
Oh and ide rather be fishing then driving so somewhere within an hour or so if possible, also not the best caster in the world so dont want to be having to hit the horizon...cos i cant lol
Any advice recomendations apreciated..also bait ides etc.

thanks

hughie

are you actually talking about smuts or doggies mate?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
764 Posts
as far as i know dogfish are getting caught as close as in northeast is seaham pier not in numbers but not heard of many your end so a trip with a added hour on might get you what ya hunting for but you may find when you do find em ya will be hampered certain marks ,like boat angling trying to get to the bottom of the sea but carnt get past the macky to catch the fish ya want

·
Registered
372 Posts
Get in your car and drive to Kirkcudbright. 2 hours from Sunderland and all the doggies you'd ever want. If you set off at 9, you could be there at 12 at the latest, fish for a good 4 or 5 hours, then head home.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts