World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
the way we used to do it was by using a butchers hook on the wall... pierce this fish through the jaw after making the neccesary slices and the pull hard down the fish! not done it for a long time so out of practice! hopefully some-one else will reply and give you an easier way... take it easy!

·
Registered
8,234 Posts
Gut the fish. Cut off its fins (including tail). With a sharp knife make a cut from just behind the head to the tail, one along the dorsal line, another beyond the gut cavity to the tail.

Join these two cuts by a couple more, either side, from top to bottom just behind the head. With each of these, slip the knife in under the skin half an inch or so to create a "flap".

Then, stand upon the head, grab the flap with pliers/mole-grips etc and pull. Off comes the skin on that side. Repeat for other side.

Chop off the head and try to think of a recipe that makes the remainder taste edible!

It's a shame that spurdogs don't occupy the ecological niche of the LSD. Always found their flesh very much preferable - probably why the longliners have systematically nuked them over the years & decades....

Cheers - John

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
The best way to Skin doggies

1. gut and remove fins as normal

2. put the doggie in the bottom of a washing up bowl

3. Boil kettle and pour over doggie body

4 leave water over the body for 5 sec's and remove

5 peel away skin leaving a nice rock huss to cook

This is the best way to remove the skin and stops all the swearing from her indoors.... well if i had one it would...

Michael :D

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
bassbites said:
The best way to Skin doggies

1. gut and remove fins as normal

2. put the doggie in the bottom of a washing up bowl

3. Boil kettle and pour over doggie body

4 leave water over the body for 5 sec's and remove

5 peel away skin leaving a nice rock huss to cook

This is the best way to remove the skin and stops all the swearing from her indoors.... well if i had one it would...

Michael :D

Sounds like a good un bass will give it a go

·
Registered
6,970 Posts
Best way to skin a doggie is on the beach-look at it , remember all that has been said, boil kettle and make a nice cup of tea to enjoy while you put it back and watch it swim away........................these things don't taste nice :)

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Paid4,

I like them.

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
34 Posts
paid4tackledealersroller said:
Best way to skin a doggie is on the beach-look at it , remember all that has been said, boil kettle and make a nice cup of tea to enjoy while you put it back and watch it swim away........................these things don't taste nice :)
They are delicious, cut flesh into cubes cover in batter and deep fry. Thats why the skin is hard to remove if it was easy I would stop eating cod and only eat dog fish.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Where do you live, if there are no doggies there I want to buy a house next door!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
When I was a lad I went on an adventure holiday on an island in Scotland. I think it was called Rhua Fiola.
I seem to remember a girl catching a doggie, a steak of which (with skin on) was put on a smooth stone by the open fire.

I liked the taste very much!

·
Registered
6,970 Posts
I went on one of them so called holidays when i too was a young 'un and from what I can remember I was so cold, wet and hungry just about anything would have tasted good if it was hot.............................well maybe not a dogfish :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.