World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi members,
i fished knab rock last night, arrived there at 19.00pm with top tide at 22.30pm and was suprised to find i was the only person there. (bar a couple of guys down far end by verdi,s.. ) so i set up my 2 rods (1 with 2 hook flapper fished in close) and the other with a size 4 pulley pennal fished at distance) my choice of bait was small calamari, mackerel and both fresh and frozen black lug!!
anyway, the tide was coming in quick but it was like a mill pond, not ideal i thought to myself but hey!! so put a whole squid on the pennel and cast it roughly 50/60 yds. and put small pieces of macky on the flapper and cast it 10/15 yards..

basically guys, i had a dogfish cast after cast after cast, at every distance i tried, close in far out didnt matter.. now i know its nice to be catching fish but after id caught my 16th dog, it got annoying, so i started using small pieces of the frozen black lug on the flapper and literally casting just 5 or so yards out hoping for a break from the dogs, (and hopefully get a dab) i love them!! but again i caught dogs!! at top tide i was giving up hope when i had a small pouting on the flapper, (i,d never been so chuffed to c another species) so i put him back and brought another dog in on the pennell. (biggest dog of the night 2) swallowed a whole calamari and black lug cocktail.. greedy bugger!!! so packed that rod away as it was now 23.30pm. and the flapper gave a nice tap then pull, so i struck and it was a double shot of a small whiting and a nice sized 3 beared rockling!! right at the last knockings... so as gutted as i was i didnt get my dab, and as sick of catching dogs as i was..... it was a no stop evening and i enjoyed it.. may try again tomorrow..

tight lines guys
wrighty123

·
Registered
8,847 Posts
Great little session, those dogs certainly kept you on your toes .lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts