World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dont useally say but fished penhale tonite thinking it will be the last chance once the swell starts . fish rogers from high to low ./ no swell but a small chop and lots of headwind which reduced casting . anyway no ray but far to many dogs . man the walk never gets easyer .
was also told the the house on the headland there is up for auction .

·
Registered
506 Posts
Unlucky mate. I know what you mean by the walk, it's a killer. I wont fish it in anything other than a SE to N wind at 8mph or less because its pant's fishing for the flatties in a swell. Ive never had any ray, just dogs. A cracking mark but a long drive and bit of a hike from plymouth. 10 out of 10 for effort though. Robbie!:fishing:

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
had some good ray sessions there in the past . been difficult to get on the mark lately for when i have time off . its not the walk but its a long way from anyone when your on your own . i think in hindsight i should of fished the gully .

·
Registered
573 Posts
It's been like that this year, when the conditions are good you can't get out..........when you can get out the conditions turn against you:hammer:
Like you say its not a bad walk, but like you i fish it alone, always have done, not being local to that area dictates that, not the wisest thing to do but sometimes thats the way it is ,just got to be careful and not take any chances:nono: the climb back up always seems easier if you had a decent session though:clap3:

·
Registered
25,238 Posts
dont useally say but fished penhale tonite thinking it will be the last chance once the swell starts . fish rogers from high to low ./ no swell but a small chop and lots of headwind which reduced casting . anyway no ray but far to many dogs . man the walk never gets easyer .
was also told the the house on the headland there is up for auction .
Least you got out and didnt blank,even doggys are better than blanking LOL Havent been plagued by doggys on the rod for ages:1a:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts