World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after my work mate let me down i thought i would go fishing instead so rang wayne ( leadbeater) and arranged to head over to the admiralty in search of a few hounds on arrivial i realised i did not have the drop net, but just thought o well, First cast i had a little hound about 4lb,

No sooner as this happend my other rod went heading towards the see and a good scrap later i had a good double on the top of the water and no landing net in sight had to handline it half way up snap went the 70lb shockleader that hurt, whilst building my new rig a bloke a bit further down needed help landing a bass, so i put his landing net down and netted his bass, this net soon became ours for the rest of the day, nice bad about 4.5lb, well done that man

as soon as i started rebaiting wayne was in to anouther hound so i still did not have a bait in the water, helped him land this nice hound just under 7lb

well eventuly got anouther bait in the water and soon enough anouther hound was on not much bigger than 5lb but gave a brilliant scrap,

then it was waynes turn again with anouther small hound, which fought equally as well,

]
about half an hour later i had a huge lunge on my rod and had a very big fish on tokk me a hell of alot to get it up our new chiense friend came over to help wayne get it in the net and all i heard was thats huge, bearing in mind i have had 16lb hounds it felt like it was going much harder than that, just as it was pulled into the net the rig snapped again, could not belive 2 big doubles lost and just thought about how we needed a bigger landing net just none on the whole pier, well after that i did lose 1 other hound that was small, and wayne lost anouther big double as or chinese mate had to go home with the net, 5 mins later wayne had the double on came off handlining it up the wall, i had anouther 4 hounds and wayne had anouther , all in all a good day with good company and plenty of fish,here are the final pics. wont be going again untill i have a huge landing net it a shame dssa cant put them on the peir like they do on the breakwater, because of thieving little f&*kers

I had 7 hounds and wayne had 3 and with the 5 that were lost 15 in all just wish we had them bigguns up, and they were big doubles!!!!!!!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Well done m8 nice evenings fishing perhaps I should have gone fishing!!!

Nice bit of sport and shame you lost the whoppers.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorting out a nice wide fraame drop net at the mo mate, we had a few at sandwich the other niht aswell dave there is a report on here

·
Registered
208 Posts
Was the second half all clear from the maky bashers then creedy today, looks like no one hardly on second half with ya, nice fish as well

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there was a cruise terminal and they kicked everyone off, but i new the bloke and he let me stay on for an extra hour

·
Registered
183 Posts
Nice Sess creedy you seem to be catching smoothies for fun at the mo! You still just using peeler or did u go a different route at the breakwater?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Nice fishing,i had a hound of 9lb down there bout 2 years ago and in that tide it felt like a 20lber! and i fished exactly where you were. what state of the tide did you fish?

·
Banned
2,377 Posts
WELL DESERVED FISH CREEDY LOVE IT WE SMASHED IT NEVER HAD SO MANY HOUNDS SHAME WE LOST SO MANY WE DEF HAD DOUBLES THERE THAT FISH YOU LOST WAS MASSIVE A WELL LEARNT LESSON (DONT GO WITHOUT A NET):clap3:

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Good session Creedy.
Better to carry a net and not need it than not have one eh.
If your down this way again and need a net, pm me in advance. I have a couple of good uns.
I have no doubt that you will make up for the lost fish.

What state of tide did you fish?

Greg

·
Registered
60 Posts
Reason i asked is because i might go down tomorrow afternoon. High is about 3pm, but i heard today that low water is best for the hounds on the admiralty,is this true??

·
The people's moral compass
12,847 Posts
nice hound session for sure, i fished the breakwater today and all my hounds came on the flood, i had no more after about 2pm, though one was landed next to me about half 3.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts