World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Dorset Coastline

884 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  PedroTheMexican 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I Hope someone can help me... I'm new to the forum scene and been shifted around the Threads!!!! Ive been fishing from Dorset (in the boat) over the last 7 years which has been fantastic. Generally covering the areas from chisel beach / Bexington down to Branscombe with great success and enjoyment. Next year I will be moving the boat to Weymouth / Portland and hoping to cover the areas around Weymouth bay, Portland and towards the East and surrounding areas. Im unsure of the area and would love some advice..

Are there any tide issues in the surrounding areas, or winds / tides which I should look out for!! I would even appreciate knowing the fish species that the chaps East of the Portland lighthouse fish for.. (and tips!!)

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Cheers.

#5 ·
Hi Steve
Fishing has been good for Turbot and Brill this year but you are correct to be care full, the Shambles bank and the Portland race need to be treated with respect but can be fantastic fishing on a good weather day, I generly pair up with wreck fisher (we fish every week weather permitting) and this works well for both of us, and once you get to know the regular boats that fish that area you will find we all look after each other. If you wish to know more about fishing this area feel free to send me a a mail.
Espadon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.