World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got down to the mark and wasn't very optimistic. Water was a little milky so walked the shore to find a clear spot. Was fishing for about an hour and decided to try a spot where I had seen Bass before. After about 20 minutes I had a follow right in from a fish about 7 or 8 lb. He didn't spook and seemed to be looking where the lure went and then swam off. I casted in the direction he was going but nothing. I then seen a rock ledge and casted over it and let it sink for a while as I was straightening the rod eyes. When I started to reel in I noticed a lot of slack on the line and thought that's strange. Then the line started to tighten up and head right at knots. I was stunned didn't know what to do then I heard a voice saying " Strike it" so I did and then the fun started. He stripped line about 4 times and headed for that stringey wead stuff that was very dense. I couldn't get him to go left so decided to bring it over the top of it which was actually a great help as he couldn't go anywhere. I then beach him and he was hooked right in the top of the roof of his mouth. If i had of left him to run longer he probably would have swallowed the lot. Took a few pics and then realeased him to fight another day. Great to see something this size gracefully swim away.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts