World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished a local rock mark last night with a couple of mates.a bit of rough grounding, don't usually do this as i hate losing gear,but hey in for a penny etc,first cast produced a small pollack,all went quite then for about a hour,then the reel started losing line the heart started to beat faster and my legs went to jelly.struck into what felt like bottom,the rod started to thumb and then i knew it was a fish:clap2: took about 15 mins to land (what a scrap)weighed the fish and it topped the scales at 10/9/8 not bad for my first double fiquire fish,just about to put the fish back and it spat out a rockling,i thought that was strange,but still returned the fish a live and well then sat down for a *** to calm the nerves as i was still shacking.all in all we caught 4 different species(huss conger pollack rockling) i will be going back for more what a buzz, next time i will not forget to take the camera.:yahoo: :yahoo: :bounce: :victory:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Sounds like a great nights fishing!!
What state of the tide was it, and what tackle were you using?? Would love to go off the rocks at night, but just never seem to get around to it!

Cheers,

Frags

·
Registered
996 Posts
Nice one mate:clap3: not unusal for the huss to have a rockling in its belly, well worth using them for bait if you're hussing and you get them as bycatch, i'd rather use rockling than mackeral or squid.
Nice fish bassking I bet you were still buzzing when you got home:ahhh: :bounce:

As to the rockling that a new one on me,that what is great about the forum loads of info and tips being bounced about:thumbs:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts